Sunday, August 12, 2018

August 8th- now the 12th

OK - I finally admit it- ..... I am not super person!! I thought I might be ... and I tried to be ... but I finally cancelled something due to just being too darn tired.... I had planned to go to the fair yesterday with Cindy and Matthew but on Saturday I told her that there was no way I could get off that plane at 5 in the morning and head to another activity - I just knew I could not do it and had to pass. I was so happy I did.. I actually got home at 6:30 am and went straight to sleep until 9:30 am and then had another hour nap later in the day and then slept for 12 hours -  I am feeling much better today but these past few weeks took a huge toll on me- and I am going to start spreading activities out-further as much as I can- So... we made it to Lego Land so much fun - the rooms were worth the price - as was the hotel- I am pretty sure I got heat stroke but other than that.. it was a lot of work but fun ...let emphasis the work and heat - but worth it to see how much Rainey was enjoying it for her birthday- throwing the birthday party the next day - huge mistake - but I did it and it was fun.. and she loved every bit of it... leaving for Alaska a few hours after the party- big mistake but I  did it and it was fun.. so we get to Alaska - on Sunday morning - I was hoping that nobody had rented our room so that we could get in early so we got out to Palmer at 6:30 am and the room was rented .. (WHAT) that room is hardly ever rented so we ate breakfast and then went out to the car to sleep a bit - valley trash style -then got some coffee- took a drive past the old homestead- picked up my appetizers for book club- I called the hotel at 9 am and the new person on duty said that we could get into our room so at 9am we checked in - now.. we had two books to read for book club- actually one for book club and the other was going to be for the trip but at the last minute Nancy decided we should read both books and discuss both books at book club and I had not even opened up one of the books that I had 5 chapters to read - it was 9 am - I was supposed to be there at noon- I was soooo tired.... but I decided to open up the book and see what it was about..... 30 minutes later I had read my 5 chapters.. it was so good - I was even able to get in a 30 minute nap.. before book club.. We have an awesome new book based off one of the Founding Mothers book - her name is Eliza Pickney and she was known for starting indigo cash crops out of South Carolina - off of the Wapoo plantation- so our new book is The Indigo Girl - I started this on the 8th but as you can see it is now the 12th

Tom dropped Rainey and I off at Darlene's house - I had scheduled a facial for him in Palmer while we were at Book Club- we had such a delicious lunch- One of Nancy's employee's husband had went fishing and we had fresh salmon- she did some baked and then some fried- I loved the fried and Rainey pretty much ate most of the baked herself :) then she made her famous pea salad which was delicious and fries - two different types- We celebrated Rainey's birthday - Nancy had picked up a birthday cake from Carr's in Wasilla - Tom picked us up at 6:30 pm and off we went to pick up Jordan (Rainey's Dad) and go to Evangelos for dinner ( Rainey and I were stuffed from just eating around 3 pm  and then the cake) - but the ambiance was nice - Jordan had a huge bag of gifts for Rainey to open - he had asked me for suggestions a few days before - so she got lots of what she loves! we had dinner and took Jordan home around 9 pm.- It has been a while but you have to realize that I was just coming off of Lego Land- Birthday party- flying all night - short naps - and book club and dinner -  was exausted - I was asleep by 9:30 and slept until 7:30 the next morning - so you have to picture our room - they have basically two floors and the basement- I have never been in the basement level - but the rooms with two beds are in the basement- so we have this window that opens into the parking lot- and walkway into the hotel - where everyone goes outside to smoke... it was somewhat dark and dungeon like in the basement but Rainey loved it !! she was like " best room ever"- I think just the oddity of the location and room entertained her !! -
Day of meeting with Trisha at 10 am. -We went to Fred Meyers to pick her out flowers - we were her first appointment of the new school year - they only had regular flowers and not ones in  vases like we were looking for - so off to Carrs we went and found a gorgeous vase filled with beautiful flowers- It was so much fun meeting with Tricia - we decided that I would only grade 5 subjects this year- and took off music, art and pe which we have enough of and it really is a pain to grade and write narratives-so we are ready for 5th grade- starts on August 16th - super excited - after that we raced back over to Palmer to check out of the room and drop Tom off for his noon hair appointment with Stan -Rainey and I went over to the visitors center and I took a bunch of wonderful pictures with all of the flowers in the background- then to the gift store in the Koslosky center- hot chocolate at Vagabond Blues and it was time to pick up Tom - ( I had a schedule :) then to Thrifters Rock on the Palmer Wasilla Highway (used store that Rainey loves) she bought a ton of jewelry and is pretty thrilled with her bounty- over to Nancy's store - to visit and pick out school items for fall - (I will pick it all up the next time I am up) it gets approved by the homeschool and they send her a check- then down to Walmart where Rainey had a manicure and pedicure and I had a pedicure and then over to pick Jordan up - took Rainey and Jordan to the Extreme Fun Center - where they played for  a few hours and where I climbed in the backseat of the car and took an hour nap !!! I had the window down and the cool breeze felt so good.... then to drop Jordan off- head to Anchorage - drop off the car - ride the van to the airport - check in- go through security- up to the boardroom - (where they love seeing Rainey and visiting with her) boarding at 10:40 pm landing at LAX at 5:15 am - back up to the house at 6:30 am straight to bed where we all slept until 9:30 am - Whew!!! that is what going to Alaska is like !
This week we had teeth cleaning- audition for NCIS at Paramount- I was going to  have headshots done on Friday but we had to reschedule until September 28th - Technical rehearsal from 5:30 to 10 pm on Friday night- rehearsal yesterday from 9-2 pm today from 12-5 pm - after rehearsal today we are going down to Santa Monica to go to Miranda's art show at a coffee shop ( Miranda is Scott Parkins daughter - Raineys commercial teacher) tomorrow we have an audition for the movie Santa Clarita diet- I am still debating about going up to Anchorage by myself to go to the fair but I think I may have to pass this year - I really want to go but the traveling logistics and just going and going when I am there - and I was just there- anyway - I think something will  have to inspire me - and so far I am not feeling inspired - Aladdin is this weekend 18th and 19th  - 2pm show and 7 pm show on each day- I am buying a copy of the video so will have that to show - on Saturday shows Rainey is playing Guard 2 and on Sunday's shows she is playing Jafar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home