Sunday, May 20, 2018

May 20th - 2018

Well, we finished 4th grade- the official last day was on Friday the 18th - so starting tomorrow we will officially be in our Summer session - I am looking forward to the summertime- School wise anyway - not the heat. This past week we went to the Descanso Gardens- first we went to the Spaghetti Factory for lunch and then to the Gardens ( they are over near Pasadena ) in a place called La Flintbridge Canada or La Canada Flintbridge - near Altadean but at any rate it is beautiful and so peaceful- I have wanted it on my list of things to do for a while- we were actually headed down towards Camarillo to have lunch at Marie Callendars ( the girls discovered it for the first time the last trip we were down and are totally in love ) and then to exchange some Crocs that I bought for Tom but as I was getting on the freeway I completely changed my mind and decided to go to the Spaghetti Factory and my original plan was to go to the gardens as well as the Discovery Cube since they were all on the way but Rainey had planned with her club(the new unicorn club) that they were going to have a party in the garage starting at 3:15 - oh wait ... I think I might have my days mixed up :) never mind on the Descanso Garden day we had Scene Study that night from 6-8 so we decided to not go to the Discovery Cube since they do  not have the new Dinosaur exhibit out until the 26th of May and to go home and be rested for class since we had to leave by 5:20 pm and it was just the kids and I in the day time and then Tom and I took Rainey to class and we went out and had Mexican at our favorite place in Burbank over by Warner Bros. So then on Thursday I decided we would go on a picnic in a park so we went to Lake Piru- the kids and I- if you are headed to the Newhall Mansion in the town you take a right and about 6 miles up the road is a wonderful lake and it has a play area and grass way away from the lake but very nice. Tom and Rainey and I went there on Labor Day last year and it was really packed but when the girls and I went ( and baby) it was just us and we had such a nice spot  by the playground under the trees so cool and nice up there... we did history on the area again and then town and mansion and early California history- but that was the day we had to get back so that Rainey could make her cupcakes  and one of the other moms made smoothies for the party in our garage... So we had the one audition for Pet Cemetery and then last week she was called out at Twentieth Century Fox for a feature film playing the daughter of Jon Hamm - who I love.. he was the main person from Mad Men - so we did that last week and then this weekend we are preparing for a self taping tomorrow for another Netflix feature film playing the daughter of Boyd Holbrook (Narcos) and that one films in Toronto starting on July 4th to August 27th the Jon Hamm one is in LA area July and August and the PC is in Montreal June and July so just crossing our fingers - she would be amazing in any of the roles. It is also just nice that she is being called out and being noticed for all these big films. - I have been in a state over her hair the past few weeks not sure what to do with it. We want to have new headshots done since last May was the last time they were done so at any rate- I was checking the airlines to take her up to Alaska on the spur of the  moment ( cheap flight) but could not find anything at all so last Monday when she got called for 20th Century I told Tom that was it I was going to take her up on Monday night- get her hair cut on Tuesday and we would be back in time for her appointment on Wednesday at 3:50 pm - so I call the salon and guess what? Theresa is taking Tuesday off because of her nephew graduating that day - so no hair - I keep checking the airlines and literally out of this world prices... crazy and then I am thinking of using miles but it is the most expensive miles and then no flights at all on Thursday and Friday... she is booked on Saturday - nothing on Monday or Tuesday - the soonest I can get her in is Wed at 10 am...so I make the appointment- not sure how I am getting her up there but at least we have a definite time. In the meantime- Tom gets his hair done on Friday morning at 9 and talks to the person that cuts his hair and explains the situation - and what we are looking for- and she says that they have one person there that does the graduated bob and is the number 2 in the salon for being booked - so we got an appointment with her for Wed at 3pm - she had a cancellation so I am crossing my fingers- now more in the meantime- Theresa (haircut lady from Alaska) has a sister moving down here and will be down around the 22 or 23 of June so she can trim it up for us and maybe even go over and visit with Paige (new person) and explain  how she does Rainey's hair... whew...!!!Then the super good guy for headshots is booked out for 2 months into August so since I have a hair Appointment with Theresa on August 6th we will have him take pictures about a week later - I have the date booked. So I am also going to get some done in the next few weeks with an up and coming person that lives in Santa Clarita  and get some bright clothing headshots- I have been buying TEA collection, MINI Boden and Hannas in an effort to find cute, bright, younger looking fashionable clothing and shoes for Rainey and I am pretty sure I am doing an excellent job !!! if you look at her Instagram @actressrainey- you will see my new commitment to social media :) she has a fan following on Instagram from Finn Wolfhard from Stranger things which was episode 9 on Carol - so Adrienne is signing up for classes tomorrow for the summer - she has learned to be super helpful around the house.. super helpful - we have her attorney  and that is moving forward - no news on anything except Jess wants her to come back to Alaska and split the time 50 50 with the baby and if she chooses to stay in California he wants full custody and she can have visitation rights !!! the lawyer says none of that is happening so not to worry - We are getting a fish tank this weekend - Tom and Rainey are off looking at fish right now and they were looking at tanks yesterday - in between running lines of course. We decided to stay here this weekend and have fun day excursions... so far I have the Fillmore train ride planned on Saturday the 26th - we go out for a 4 hour excursion - stop at a honey farm and a gift spot with koi fish and neat things and buy a box lunch to eat on the train- at any rate... keeping busy keeping busy- have a roast in the crockpot for tonight - going to make mashed potatoes and biscuits -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home