Friday, April 13, 2018

April 13th


https://www.bookshark.com/level-5/full-grade/level-5-full-grade/

This is a curriculum that Tricia suggested for Rainey for 5th grade- We can change the curriculum based on her interests- It is supposed to be really organized and straight forward- I am thinking about going ahead and buying it on July 1st - so the money comes out of her allotment and starting it as soon as I get it here- that way we will have a chance to have worked with it a bit and if I have any questions we can go over them when we meet in August- She also gave me some ideas for grammar - the one that we are using is an online program called noredink - so we have started that each day along with a website called mysteryscience - which is really cool and she loves! she does not love noredink but as we move through it she will become better - I think it is just that she is having to learn so much - I never really  put that much time and effort into grammar but now we are totally immersed- and then of course we do online math - dreambox, mobymax, and adaptedmind! with dreambox being the favorite - so right now we are working through 4th grade on all three which takes time but by August 6th I  ( she ) will have completed them all and be ready for 5th grade. I also just ordered Saxon Math 4/5 which is really easy for Rainey but I did that on purpose - not that is was easy but that I wanted to make sure we filled up any holes in our math knowledge and they do a great program that really builds on each previous lesson - there are 120 lessons and I (she ) will have those complete by August 6th and then the bookshark program has MathUSee which I guess a lot of homeschool parents like using but we will most likely do Saxon and MathUSee and then our online programs. - so that is where we are school wise-
Rainey left her phone on the plane so I need to go down there this morning and pick it up- I haven't had time this week so today is the day!! yesterday our whole day was learning - starting at 8 am learning lines until 1  pm and then bath/dressed/hair- then down to Grays for coaching and then over to the audition - with a ChikfilA break in between :) Rainey loves ChikfilA- interestingly enough she likes the "grilled" chicken nuggets - the audition is for a Disney Pilot and we were down at Las Palmas Studios- which is where they filmed I Love Lucy- at any rate - Tuesday night she  had Scene Study and we usually get home at 8:30 pm so we just do Mcdonalds because it is way too late for me to cook at that point- Adrienne and I usually grab something a bit healthier while Rainey is in class so Rainey and Tom end up with Mcdonalds and then the same on Wednesday - audition tech class home at 8:30 pm so I was hoping we would have a real meal on Thursday but then the audition came through and so by the time I got home at 7:30 pm - I had not had a chance to go shopping and so we ended up ordering pizza- TONIGHT we are eating healthy- baked chicken, steamed veggies, rice and salad - actually all of that but the baked chicken - I have been wanting meatballs but that is not going to work because of time- unless I can get to the store by 1 pm hmmmm... I guess we are not eating until 7:30 tonight because Rainey has Gymnastics and then Aerial class- I think while she is in class Adrienne/Baby and I will go for a walk over at the park- get some fresh air -I need to go cut up the fresh pineapple I bought the other day at Costco and get some fruit "into" or is it "in to" these kids - that is what we are working on in noredink - I have always just used into in a generic manner -into is movement but am I  literally putting pineapple in their mouth? hmmm.. I don't think they will mind either way!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home