Monday, January 29, 2018

January 28th

Last week - I took bags of clothes to the local used children's clothing store for my appointment at 1 pm on Tuesday - I had an appointment on Wed the 17th but had to cancel and so they were able to give me one on the 23rd - so I head down there - mind you I have never sold anything there before only have been a buyer and they have always been ok  but this experience was terrible so terrible that I will go back one time by myself to spend my gift card from what I sold and never go back to  buy or sell. It was incredible - they were so rude and so condescending I told the lady that I would be happy to take my five bags and donate them to Goodwill which at that point but they started to get the bags and told me it would be an hour but instead it was almost two hours by the time they were done - the rules are that you are not allowed to leave your stuff longer than an hour so I was back and had to stand there for almost another hour - it was simply awful. When I got home I went online to read the reviews and almost everyone else writing reviews had had the same treatment that I received. I am really surprised how they stay in business.
Then on Monday when we went to find the lines to study for Tuesday's class we could not find them anywhere - we even went through the garbage cans looking for them!! so I had to ask Shanelle to ask John to send them to us but we did not get them until Tuesday morning at 8 am and class started at 6 pm and then I had to stop studying lines to deal with this clothes situation - it was a busy day... thank goodness that they are using the same lines for this Tuesday's class- but we do have new lines for Wednesday class and I bought a book on beginning Stand Up Comedy so that we can start learning more about that class.
Thursday we had a 1pm teeth cleaning-which for some reason took until almost 4:30 to get home- Rainey felt bad because her friends have piano on Thursday at 4:30-5:30 so they were not able to play but she did like the fact that we stopped by ChikfilA on the way home for a late lunch! Friday we had tennis lessons - it was so much fun - watching her - she was all decked out in this pink tennis outfit and looked adorable..and she has so much fun at tennis - I really need to break down and look for some private tennis lessons to augment her group ones but I think for right now we will just stick with group and go from there... Then on Saturday we went to visit at the beach - it was interesting but a bit stressful - and Sunday home.. I was really happy to be home. This morning we had to go pick up Pepper and drop off the car to get it fixed- they said it should be about 2 weeks which seems like a really long time to me but oh well.
Right now we are 65 days out from testing or since Thursday when I made the schedule and I am using a program called IXL learning which gives you the standards for your state and what they expect in Math, Language Arts and Science - I XL does Social Studies and now has Spanish but for her testing purposes we are focusing on Math, Language Arts and Science- I am going back for refreshing and review as well as finishing up on 4th grade and it is a LOT of work for me and for Rainey but I know when she gets in there to take the test she will feel confident in  her knowledge or at least that is my plan :) and her break time is over so we need to move on to Science and Math before her friends get home from school - since we do not have the car in the garage she has decided its a play area and has it all organized for when they get back from school.. OH and I just found out today that out of all the screenings they had for the movies that they had a decision made on the Best Film out of 56 and JOHN RICK won!!! so it will be submitted to different film festivals - pretty exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home