Wednesday, October 25, 2017

October 25th

Whew... what a whirlwind few days.. I thought Adrienne was going to leave the car for me but instead when I landed in Anchorage - I had a text message saying she was waiting for me outside of arrivals - it was 4 in the morning- it was a nice treat not to have to go out to the cold car and warm it up- Since I had a few minutes before picking up my bags and I was one of the first off the plane so one of the firsts in the line at Starbucks.. I got us both a pumpkin spice latte and Adrienne's favorite lemon bread... I drove her home and then headed over to the hotel.. not going to go into it here but I had to go down later that day and let the manager know what a terrible check in I had and he told me that they have had complaints about that person before... at any rate.. I slept for a while and then opened up the window- fresh, cold Alaskan air is my favorite.. and snuggled under the covers and read my book club book.... I was cutting it pretty close :) I had the book and I had it on my phone so I could get it done...before the next afternoon.. I felt lazy and somewhat indulgent but it is rare for me to read a book in bed in the morning ... I met up with Adrienne.. not sure why -but we ended up at Fred Meyers.. oh wait .. that was on Sunday that I met up with Adrienne.. on Saturday I went to the Natural Pantry for lunch and got stuff for  Appetizers at book club or for book club.. then out to the valley- over to Nancy's store to visit.. I did not have much time only about a half hour but I told her that Adrienne and I were going to Evangelos and invited her and Darlene.. we ended up going with Nancy and Jake (her son) - so off to get my hair done.. it looks really good by the way :) back to normal..in December she is going to put just a light perm in it for some bounce and then it will be perfect. We had a good visit.. I have been going to Theresa for almost 10 years... so we have lots to chat about.. then I looked at my phone.. it was 4:10 pm.. I told Adrienne I would be done by 4:00 pm and she was wanting to know where I was? and Rainey wanted to know if we had hamburger in the fridge... geez... no rest for the weary !!! ;0 anyway I picked up Adrienne and baby and we headed over to Thrifters Rock (used store) and had about 10 minutes- before they closed.. I got baby a couple of jackets and Adrienne found a dress for her trip.. then since we had 45 minutes before meeting Nancy at Evangelos we headed over to AT&T so I could get baby a phone ( it was Adrienne's phone from before when she was on our plan.. so we just turned it back on with a new number - because her phone from GCI does not have Face time and I wanted Face time with Baby Bear.. and it is only 15 a month which I think is money well spent to bond with Baby Bear.. ) at any rate we were 3rd in line and it was crowded and baby was running everywhere and I could tell Adrienne was getting upset so I told  her we could do it in the morning before book club... which now I remember why I picked her up on Sunday morning and went to Fred Meyers- the AT&T store is next door... it's ok I'm not losing my mind.. the days just roll together.. :) After dinner Jess who was still out in the valley picked up Adrienne and baby and so I drove back to Anchorage by myself on the slippery roads... I just drove slow... at any rate.. book club the next day... It started at 1 pm and I had to leave by 6 pm to go back to town to pick up Adrienne, baby and Halen to go to the Birds so she could do  her job and then we went to the buffet place for dinner.. we were going to go to Barnes and Nobles afterwards but I told her I was exhausted and I needed to drop them off at 9 pm.. I was going to drop them off at 10 pm.. I just needed to get to the airport and relax for a bit.. I  had a bad headache and I really did not want to drive around on those roads anymore than I had to at that point.. So.. I am home.. I got here about 7 am on Monday morning and Tom left at 2:30 pm for LAX that same day.. he is in Fairbanks for meetings.. brrrrr... Rainey and I got tons of school work done yesterday - we got our Science done for the week but I am still going to take her to the Discovery Cube today.. just to make up for the fact that we did not do much Science last week due to my schedule.. I am going to be babysitting Baby Bear on the 2nd , 3rd and 4th and then heading  east for my trip with the ladies..  I still need to go find the gates for the stairs and maybe something he could sleep in - he is not hot on playpens so I am pretty sure that would be a waste of money... I just need to get sleep at night... at any rate.. time to blow dry Miss B's hair and get ready for the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home