Sunday, September 3, 2017

September 3rd part 2 more pictures











Discovery Science Cube for our lesson on the LA water system - the research project we are doing about the water that was brought to Los Angeles in the early 1900's - the area were it enters the Los Angeles valley is about 6 miles from us and we pass it every time we come home and so they had a helicopter (virtual) ride that took the kids up to the Sierra Nevada's were the water starts to the Owens Valley and then the long miles down into LA at the Cascades where we see the water almost every day. We have been watching Cadillac Desert which I saw in a class I took years and years ago in a history class about the American West. Then we took pictures of the dinosaur exibit so that we can study the ones that they have there this week and then go back on Thursday or Friday or Saturday or I guess even Sunday because Sunday is the last day and I thought it would be fun to gain some knowledge this week - fun facts - pictures - and go back before it goes away. We also have passes for 2 years which I can use at the other two cubes- one is by the ocean and the other is in Orange County so we will be checking both of those out this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home