End of August 2017
I made it to the Alaska State Fair- I was really not planning on going but Tom had to go up on Thursday night for meetings on Friday and since there was not much going on audition wise ( contract negotiations in progress) I decided about 3 pm on Thursday - Plane left at 11:30 pm out of LAX to take Rainey up and go to the fair- so that is what we did.. we quickly called the pet sitter and asked If she had room... check- then I looked at Alaska Airlines and tickets and it all worked out... check.. Tom was already upgraded into 1C and I had put Rainey and I both in row 18 and we were going to see if the person in the window in row 18 wanted to change with Tom for a first class seat ( no brainer... :) but then they ended up putting me in row 8 for premium class not paying attention to the fact that I was traveling with a child and so at that point we decided for Tom to keep his seat and Rainey and I went back to row 34..last row on the plane.. it actually worked out good because they felt bad for me and kept the middle seat empty so Rainey spend the 5 hour flight laying across 2 seats sound asleep and comfortable.. me... not so much.. right across from the bathroom... it was nonstop.. and you could feel every bump... but I did not care that much because I was going to the state fair the next day :) so we landed in Anchorage on Friday morning at 4 am.. 50 degrees .. raining.. got to the hotel and I opened up the window and slept to the sound of rain and that scrumptious Alaska fall fresh air.... until about 7 am and then was wide awake... I got up and went to Starbucks to get coffee and some food.. Tom had two meetings so the first one was over by the Sears mall so he dropped Rainey and I off at Barnes and Nobles.. and over to REI to get Rainey a raincoat.. then back to the hotel for a 45 minute nap.. then all ready for the fair.. but first we got dropped off at the 5th avenue mall while Tom went to his second meeting.. We hit Nordstroms... Rainey had a great time.. looking around ...we ended up with some cool items.. minus the tax I would pay down here... got Tom some new shirts... and it was time to be picked up.. so we headed out to the valley.. so, so pretty.. the rain had stopped and you could see the mountains.. I needed to check my mail in Palmer... to pay the next 3 months and just stop by and let them know I appreciate the forwarding..touch base.. etc.. Jordan works 2 stores down so I asked Tom if he thought we should stop in and see if he wanted to meet us at the fair after he got off of work.. so we did.. I was really surprised at his lack of excitement to see Rainey after 4 months.. she snuck up behind him and said Hi Dad and he turned around and just said..oh hi Rainey.. like she lives in the valley and comes in all the time..oh well... so we told him we would be at the fair... he gets off at 7 pm and showed up around 8 pm...we headed to the fair at 3:30 pm and were there until 10 pm... I was sure that I would run into Adrienne and Jess( I did not tell her I was there because she had been excited about this date all the way back when she was in California and I did not want to make it about me or us being there so I just pretended like I was not there- they were there from noon to 5:15 pm she said because that Is the length that the mother in law would watch baby.. so we did the fair up good.. and I mean good... Rainey rode so many rides.. she ran into a friend that used to live a few houses down from us.. and they rode rides and visited.. just a super good time and I am so glad we decided to go up... We gave Jordan a ride home.. which gave Rainey a little extra time with him and invited him to Thanksgiving at Aunt Darlenes.... by the time we dropped him off and got back to Anchorage it was midnight.. took and hour and half because of fair traffic and paving of the highway.. we had landed at 4 am and it was now midnight.. I was beat.. I just put a towel over the pillow so Rainey's fair hair would not get all over it and went to sleep... Saturday.. we left at 2pm... so not much time in the morning.. I ran a few errands.. had to get oil for the car.. go figure.. right!! went to Kid to Kid to get Baby some jammies that fit... and called Adrienne to let her know I was there .. and would she and baby like to go have lunch with us and then drop us off at the airport.. which she did.. so I got to see my sweet boy again.... just for a short time.. but it was worth it.. he is so dang precious... off to the airport.. and home..oh.. .wait.. more Alaska Airlines problems.. when I made the return tickets I put us all in row 10 .. but they changed the plane so no row 10... they put us in three different spots... so in the boardroom.. they worked their magic... put us all in row 32.. last row on the plane :0 but they did comp us each 125.00 for the inconvience of the situation... on the way back we were almost ready to land at LAX like right above the runway when all of a sudden the plane sped up and went straight up... it was pretty nerve wracking in the back of the plane. There was fog over the airport and the previous 3 flights had to go around so we did that for a while and tried again... they said that if we did not make it in the 2nd time we would be deverted to Ontario to either gas up and try again at LAX or be driven to LAX in buses.. I told Tom we should just take a cab home.. and drive down to get the car the next day but .. luckily that did not have to happen and we made it in... fast and furious.. but on the ground.. got some Mcdonalds when we got home.. and were in bed around midnight.. We were on the ground in Anchorage for 34 hours and then the 10 hours flying and the 2 hours driving to the airport.. just under two full days.. Time to start dinner..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home