Friday, August 11, 2017

August 7th-11

I  love San Diego! it is so much cooler down there with breezes. I don't want to live there but it is a great get away from Los Angeles. We left on Thursday afternoon - had to take Pepper to the dog sitter.. then headed out about 4 pm- not such a  good time to head to San Diego but we made it about 7:15 pm... checked into the hotel then went next door to P.F. Changs to have dinner but they were super crowded and the wait was about an hour so we decided to eat in the hotel - which was actually pretty good. I had wrapped all the presents and put them in bags so Rainey had no idea that we  had gifts with us.. so the next morning I got them all out and finalized everything and when she woke up she was amazed !! and happy.. lots of good stuff.  The first day we went to SeaWorld and she loved it. She loved the Jelly swings- the roller coaster- and the kids play area- and the gondola ride.. I think we got there about 10:30 and headed out about 5:30- I was hoping there would be a Rainforest CafĂ© in San Diego but there was not so we ended up at P.F Changs which she really enjoyed - and then went swimming in the pool - and upstairs to rest... Saturday we went to the San Diego Zoo- holy moly what a lot of walking you do at the zoo. The best part was when we went on the tour - I splurged on the good one where you only have 7-9 people on the cart.. we got to see so much in a short amount of time and go in areas with huge lines and bypass to go right up front and see things.. the other really good part was dinner.. we ate at Alberts which is in the zoo and is basically in a treehouse....with a waterfall in the background.. super good food and great ambiance.. when we got back to the hotel Rainey and I went downstairs to listen to live music and have a snack and then we came back upstairs and rented the new Dead men tell no tales movie with Captain Jack... I think it was 10:30 by the time it was over and I was so tired.... but such a good day.. on Sunday we got up and got packed and headed to LEGOLAND- and after all that fun birthday weekend we got home about 8 pm... this morning we had a voice audition due at 9 am and bath and hair.. getting ready to drive down to Hollywood for camp and then back up here to pick up Pepper...

That was on Monday and it is now Wednesday morning. Rainey got to meet CB yesterday -and do some improv with her- CB had high praise for Miss B.... we do not have the official word yet but should today or tomorrow... pretty exciting stuff. Back down to camp today- I have tons to do when I get back from dropping her off - I need to get my presentation done for book club... order a cake from Carrs for Rainey's birthday party - get my homeschool stuff done to take with to meet with the new counselor.. take some things to the UPS to be shipped back... call the pet sitter and confirm that Friday drop off works.. make sure that Adrienne knows I need the car clean and at the airport.. emphasis on clean :) finish my extra book club books- work on 8 minute math testing with Rainey - get Rainey off book for the camp filming.. other than that we are good to go :) :) (that is me trying to be funny) Adrienne is really excited to see us this weekend.. and then to come down a few days later to visit.. time to get ready

We are now on Friday and I will go ahead and post this... she did get the official word !!! and right now we have camp this morning and then we have an audition for Henry Danger which is Raineys favorite show... we almost did not get to go but they said if she did get the job they would be shooting on Tuesday and not on Monday.. there is another movie audition that she went to that starts on Sunday but that does not mean she would shoot on Sunday ... you just never know around here what is happening.. I do know that we are on hold September 12-24.. that is something I do know. so excited to head up to Anchorage this weekend.. ready to cool down a bit ..it has been two months since I have been up there and it feels like forever ... so time to run lines and get in the car.. so  much to do today.. will update with our Alaskan adventures ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home