June 10th
Best idea ever - I will see about typing my blog on each day or every other day and then save them and post on Sunday-
Monday- We did a lot of homework today- probably about six hours over all -I find that if I have days where I have to leave and go places it makes it hard to keep the schoolwork going so we stuck to it and in between played three rounds of masterpiece ( I have the newer game but did not really enjoy the format and the change in paintings so I found the older one from the early 70's on Ebay and we just opened it yesterday and I LOVE that game - it reminds me of many happy hours playing as I was growing up with my mother) We had a super good dinner -and Rainey played outside with her friends for a while after it cooled down a bit and Adrienne and I sat outside and visited on the back porch. Then the girls read another two chapters of Harry Potter. I think they are having the movie watching party either on Friday night or Saturday night with popcorn/snacks and root beer floats. I will have to say that I enjoy down days where I do not have a ton of stuff to do - we did have a voice over in the morning for a Staples back to school commercial.
Tuesday- I meant to go to the grocery store this morning but then it ended up getting later and later and so Adrienne and baby and Rainey decided to go with so we got in the Yukon- which has an air conditioning issue that I need to take care of- it is just fine when I am driving but idling it blows hot air and Tom said I need to get the Freon fixed or charged or something like that and I have not done that yet- so every time we all go somewhere it is HOT- and uncomfortable - so off we went in the hot and uncomfortable Yukon - to go to Whole Foods but on the way I saw the Dance wear store that I have been meaning to go to for the past few weeks- first for another gymnastics outfit but now I needed jazz shoes and tights and shorts and a shirt for the Aladdin rehearsals- I thought we would be about 15 minutes- Hmmmm... not even - almost an hour later we came out with all of that and a cute bag to carry everything in to rehearsal and we tried on a ton of outfits for gymnastics but she is right at the middle of a small and a medium in adults and the small is too tight and the medium is too baggy- we tried but to no avail - but..... we have this velvet gymnastics one piece thing with shorts and I got it at a used place in Anchorage last spring and she loves it and has been wearing it each week but it is starting to see its better days and so I went on Ebay and found two new ones in larger sizes for her that were not a huge amount so if they do not fit it would not be a big deal- but if we could find one it would be great - so back to the story- by the time I got in the car it was almost lunch time and it was always my plan to go to Chikfila since I was on that side of town and so the plan changed and Adrienne said she would go shopping later while we were gone - Rainey has an audition at 3:15 pm and then class from 6-8 so we are going to stay down that way- and right now the plan is to go to THE GROVE between the audition and the class- Rainey wants to look in the American Doll store and Barnes and Nobles ( I love the BN down there- it is three stories) -so that is where we are today and right now I need to be typing out my grocery list for Adrienne. OK so we did make it to the audition but it took a bit longer than I had anticipated so we could not eat at The Grove but we did manage to make it to the American Doll store and Barnes and Nobles- we had an hour because we had to get back up to class in rush hour traffic - we managed to do it all with 1 minute to spare- I surprised Rainey at the American Doll store - she has KIT which we bought in NY in July of 15 and then she has the bitty baby and a wellie wisher but only one actual doll - I was going to get one for Christmas but they sold out and so at any rate I have had it on the back of my mind to get one but wanted it to be the right moment - SO when she and Tom went downstairs I went to the restroom upstairs and then went over and picked out a doll for her - she had been deciding between Mary Ellen and Samantha- but she was leaning more towards Mary Ellen so that is the one that I picked out- I paid for it upstairs and came down with the bag- ( I forgot that I had actually called Tom to ask him what he thought and he agreed he thought it was a good idea and would make a great surprise and it did) her mouth was wide open and she was pretty much speechless until she wasn't anymore :) and then she was so excited!!!! it was a good moment- She has another audition on Thursday at Disney- not much dialog but that is good since we are working our way through Aladdin right now-
Well - not sure how the everyday idea is working out because it is now Friday and I missed Wed and Thursday- It all kind of blends together
And now guess what ? it is Sunday - so my plan is a work in progress apparently- Camp starts at 10 in the morning - rehearsals this weekend went well- summer tennis starts tomorrow- I am going up to Anchorage at the end of the month for book club - we are going to be discussing two books - it is actually Pete and Darlenes 60th wedding anniversary- but they are going to be doing something the weekend before - she mentioned a small getaway to Kenai, Seward and Homer- We are also going to be discussing our trip to Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown area this fall and try to nail down a date so we can start planning the trip!
Here are the final pictures that were picked - the blue one is one that I threw in to be retouched just because I liked it but the other four were Alex's choice. He said :
Brenda,
These shots came out great! There are 4 pictures that
I would like to get retouched:
#57 - general retouching
#106 - reduce flyways and general retouching - lighten up under
eyes
#116 - reduce flyways and general retouching - lighten up
under eyes
#151 - whiten teeth - clean up under eyes and reduce flyaways
I don't have them in the order he mentioned but you can guess which ones go with which dialog- oh and Adrienne is teaching herself and Rainey to knit !!!! never a dull moment around here :)






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home