Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 27th

I thought it might be easier  if I did my updating on Sunday's. I think that since last week we have decided to let Rainey be in Gray's Aladdin production over the summer -So they start working on June 9th and it will be 3 hours a weekend either on a Saturday or Sunday from 9-12 then the performances will be August 18 and 19th which does not interfere with the Alaska birthday and school trip- so we have been learning the song "A Whole New World" memorizing the song which is not actually easy especially since on Monday at 4 pm we got to the self taping which we spend the weekend and Monday on - then got the material for Aladdin but Tuesday was Scene study and we spent all day on Tuesday learning the first page of the monologue and still have more - but that had to be put on hold for the Aladdin singing and scene to get ready for tomorrow- Rainey will go to Grays at noon and sing and do her scene- then we have to go back to work on the monologue for Tuesday night and once that is done we just have some light line learning for Wed class and then we are good for a bit - I am going to take the kids to Universal next week for the visit after reading the second book - they are in the middle of the third book- so we are behind on our visits - and then to the Discovery Cube for the new Dinosaur exhibit -On Friday June 1st Rainey is having her pictures done with somebody new - that is at 4pm - No commercial class on the 2nd or the 9th of June so I might plan something fun for the 2nd and 3rd since we did not get up to Big Lake this weekend- We did get to Six Flags and to the train ride and to the mall so we did have fun but not a get away type of fun. We are going to have an early dinner at Red Lobster as soon as baby wakes up from his nap- and then maybe about 7:30 pm we will go up to get Baskin Robbins as a treat depending on how everyone feels- I might look at the temp and see if it seems warm enough for some swimming but I was actually planning on that for tomorrow afternoon after we get back from Aladdin. So since the baby's fascination with trains I was thinking of taking the Amtrak to Portland this summer- I saw last year that the cousins or a group of relatives got together the day before going to the beach for the reunion and with to the zoo and omsi or just the zoo- I  don't remember but it sounded like fun and I was thinking that if they decided to do that again I would bring up Rainey, Adrienne and baby- so my thought was coming up on the Amtrak and getting a room (they look pretty neat) - and then spending the day- well, the train gets in at 3 pm and so we would probably try to get there the day before but at any rate just those days and not the beach and then fly home - I was thinking train both ways but it is 28 hours and not cheap and after spending 4 hours on the train yesterday I was rethinking the train portion of it....... Tom suggested just driving up and back but that is super long as well and so I am either thinking flying both ways or train one way and flying one way. It is just a thought but if any plans start to solidify then just let me know so I can plan and let the "powers that be" :) know that Rainey will be gone for a few days and then I would not put  her in a camp that week.
OK well I need to figure out our schedule for the rest of the day and see what it going on... Adrienne is taking her one class this summer to get in the groove of things - she is actually taking it online through UAA because they would  not let her have California resident rates until she has been her one year and one day- and we were down to the wire (she started one week behind ) not knowing that was going to be the plan but now we have or she has some choices to make- most likely she will enroll in a WUI- I am not sure how it is spelled now a school out of Alaska that takes Alaskans and charges instate tuition- ASU does and NAU does and of course more but we did not have time to do it all so now we have the summer to figure it out but at least she is doing something for her future even if it is just the one class - frankly I am ok with it because she is such a big help with Rainey and schoolwork and learning lines - I feel a bit selfish but it will all work out- I had to pay a little over a thousand dollars for her to just be able to register in Alaska because of her not paying for some classes a few years back so that along with paying for the actual class and books is not chump change but she should be able to get it worked out and get some grant monies and some assistance towards her degree. I am planning on getting away this week to go see the new movie Book Club - I am pretty excited - I like going to the movie by myself - :) actually looking at the calendar it might be the following week :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home