June 29th
* Last day of the 2nd Make a Movie summer camp!!
*The first two from Christmas 2017 are out Birthday Feud and Rad Kids -
*Spring Break one will be here soon
*We have one more for summer (week of July 16-20)
* Total of six chances of winning at the Make A Movie Red Carpet the weekend of Feb 2nd/Feb 3rd
This week we had a commercial audition, voice over and singing for a new kids animated show, voice over and self tape for a new feature film from Paramount and now on Monday ( meaning we have to work all through the weekend to prepare) coaching at 12:30 -1:30 and then the audition is at 3:45 pm in person -it is a new show called "Hildi Cracks The Case" they have ordered 10 episodes of a new series and Rainey is auditioning for the role of Hildi- so I ordered the four books the shows will be based off of and we are going to immerse ourselves or rather Rainey in turning into Hildi for the audition - but she still has to be Jafar in Aladdin on Saturday from 9-12 and Sunday 1-4- and if I can I would really like to get 2.5 hours of science in so I can close out last week! is that so much to ask?
Nancy and I are working on our Virginia trip trying to coordinate flights - and figure out what activities we are going to be doing - We are going to Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown area- and then Darlene wants to do a day trip and go back up to Monticello since they have the south wing open now -right now it is looking like the last week of September which should be beautiful down there.
I had such a good time in Anchorage - On Saturday night the ladies all got together and we had a wonderful time at Evangelos - spent about three hours - towards the end my eyes were swimming from tiredness :) I did not sleep from the time I got off the plane until 10 at night which technically is 11 pm my time. I stayed out in the valley at the valley motel- I had asked for a 3rd floor room on the corner - no frills whatsoever but a nice clean room and the view of Palmer and the mountains is breathtaking not to mention the price with tax for one night was 108.00 in the middle of the summer. I visited with Nancy at the store for about an hour and a half- Bought some more school supplies - stopped by the UPS store to update my box for the next year... got my toenails painted.... it was glorious... I have not had my toenails painted in over a year... I got the deluxe deluxe for 20 dollars more :) I went by the bank... I love going to the Palmer bank without the glass in front of the tellers and they are so friendly- I had a delicious cup of split pea soup at Vagabond Blues in Palmer- got new tennis shoes from the swanky shoe store in Palmer - they do all kinds of checking before suggesting your shoes... so you get the right everything- I stopped by Just Imagine Toys in Wasilla and got Rainey and baby some gifts- went passed the house.. looked like the house.. :) - and then dinner with the ladies and then I took a hot shower got in my jammies - opened up the window to get the fresh Alaska air in and shut the curtains from the daylight and finished my book - (book club book The Hamilton Affair for book club ) I fell asleep at 10 pm and did not get up until 7 am -such a good nights sleep !! I had to get up a bit early because I needed to run over to Wasilla to Fred Meyers and get my supplies for book club and then into Anchorage to go by the used clothing store and get back out to Peters Creek by noon for book club- we finished discussing ... hmmmm I cannot think of the title but we spent about 1.5 on it - then Diana showed up and we had lunch- Darlene's yard is so green and pretty - brought back so many memories standing on the back porch while the hot dogs cooked on the grill... they have lived there 40 years? or close to it- then we discussed Hamilton and our trip and then we had dessert - Nancy told me that her mom was making us dessert - which means some yucky gluten free thing from a magazine or ice cream - so I was not really looking forward to dessert at all but when I came into the dining room there was a genuine birthday cake on the table - a beautiful cake with Happy Birthday Brenda on it- I was so surprised , so surprised - it was a really neat surprise!! and then they sang happy birthday and they sang happy birthday at Evangelos the night before... It is nice to have family and to be loved ! I finally had to leave at 8 pm to get to town and drop off the car and get to the airport.... 4.5 hours nonstop and I was back in LA- worlds apart - Anchorage and LA- someone told me that it must be hard to live two different lives and I had not ever thought of it that way but I do live two different lives - less of that one now that Adrienne is down here but still - at any rate - back in the middle of it all- got home at 7 am and slept for an hour before getting Rainey up and ready for the first day of camp... in the car at 9:30 back down to Hollywood - vroom, vroom.....
I had a good birthday - we went to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner and then came home and I opened presents from the kids and we had cake... delicious Walmart cake... it was a nice day... It is hard to believe that June is almost over and it is almost time to go back to Anchorage and meet up with Tricia and start 5th grade. I was counting this morning and quarters in the school district average 43 days without all the days off for holidays and workdays etc.. and summer from the end of school to the beginning is 62 days.. so I am thinking I may not need to worry so much about 2 hours here and there for science or math- but I do- I will take the 4th of July and only count 16 hours next week - I am really looking forward to getting Rainey's test results for English and math- seems like we got them in August last year- at any rate- I need to get going..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home