June 10th
For some reason today seems important but I cannot put my finger on it. Kind of like yesterday when I made up the meatloaf and I was thinking that I had left out an ingredient but it looked good and so I went with it but then during dinner Tom said that he really liked the meatloaf but it did not seem to be put together like meatloaf and I immediately thought "the egg, I completely forgot the egg". Oh well. It was still good but the best part was the dessert that Rainey made for us as part of a requirement for a brownie badge and that was the apple crisp. It was downright delicious.
I spent the day in the kitchen yesterday- went to the store twice- and accomplished tons. I think I did 3 loads of dishes- prepping food-sweeping/mopping- redecorating the kitchen - working with Rainey on homework. I really love my kitchen. It seems to be the room that everyone gravitates to in the house. It is the one room that is unfinished but maybe that is why it feels comfortable. Right now it has been turned into shades of purple and green for summer. I normally do not have summer colors or decorate for summer in the summer :) but while in Arizona I went to Goodwill and found an amazing curtain in deep purples and greens and from there started perusing for green and purple tablecloths. That is the one nice thing about an unfinished kitchen I have two long tables in there under the windows and they work really well for putting stuff on them or decorations or food for parties or really anything. I don't let them become catch alls ... I have a bookshelf in the kitchen that does that very nicely by itself. Yesterday Rainey went down to the storage room and found all of our "purple flowers" and brought them up and so now the kitchen looks really good. I AM thinking of looking for some deep purple rugs. I have not had any rugs in the kitchen since Easter when I had 4 Easter egg colored rugs... it looked super cute.
Today my focus is going to be upstairs... our room-bathroom-Rainey's room. I think I can... I think I can... I think I can... I hope I can :) I really want to do some rearranging ... when I was unpacking the other day it hit me that we have so much stuff. Half of it I do not even realize that I have. When I had my helper cleaning the family room a few weeks ago she found a box of Hanna Andersson shoes ... really cute pink high top shoes that I bought for Rainey when school started last year that she decided she did not like and so I was going to send them back but .... here we are almost a year later and I had completely forgotten about those shoes. Now they are sitting on my stairs and I have no clue what to do with them. I doubt Hanna will take them back after this long. Sooooo upstairs there are tons of parts and pieces and papers and "stuff" and I need to somehow get it organized mainly so I can find it and also so it does not look so messy all the time. I think I have a plan... we will see if it works.
Tom needs me to run some drawings into town sometime today so that is on my list and then Rainey is in the process of kicking some serious Lexia (reading program) bum... and it almost done with level 12 and level 13 is 3rd grade .... She is a GREAT reader. She went from 0 to 60 in first grade.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home