Day 10 of summer vacation
Things I have noticed:
1. The yard needs some serious mowing. It is good exercise and the yard looks great when I am done but it is back breakitng work. At least for me. I had high hopes of keeping it mowed this summer. I guess I just need to put a plan in place and stick with it.
2. It has been in the 70's in Alaska. Pretty much the perfect summer weather up here. I did get some flowers planted last weekend and I still have my table out in the front of the house with dirt on it waiting to go get some more flowers to plant. I think maybe two or three more pots and I will be done with the flowers.
3. Rainey and I are keeping up on her summer school work. We are involved in a summer challenge for 10 weeks. It is a packet for each week. has a few work pages for each day of the week M-F and then reading for 30 minutes a day. Then at the end of the summer she turns them all in to be in the drawing for a prize. I know!!!! but it is keeping us on track. Then I have all the workbooks from her first grade math program and we are redoing those and get through a chapter a week right now and the plan will be to do the first two chapters of the second grade program before school starts just to give her a bit of a heads up before going into second grade. Then we have the Lexia program and we get through about 20-30 minutes a day on that program which is the schools reading program and she is doing very well in the Lexia program.
4. Then a few days a week she has friends come over for a few hours and they play outside and do all the stuff I am not hot on doing and also help me with cleaning and organizing. So in the first 10 days I am feeling pretty optimistic about summer break.
5. Now we are getting ready for the traveling part and we will see how that works with our schedule and if we can get right back into things when we are at home. When we get back for the first week we are home in June she does have Bricks for kids camp in the afternoon so I will have my helpers come over after that each day and that will give us the morning for school work. Anyway. I need some more coffee. Which is something else I have noticed :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home