Friday, May 22, 2015

3rd day of summer or May 22nd

Going to be gone a bit this summer. Leaving in 8 days  and will be home for 7 days and gone for 7 days and home for 14 days.Gone 8 days and home 7 days and gone for 7 days and home. Then Rainey has some acting/Girl scout camps here in Alaska for 3 weeks and then school starts. I am trying to fit a trip to Oregon in there somewhere. Not sure where I am going to be putting it yet.

I had a productive day yesterday. Rainey got lots of school work done. My goal is to have her work on it every day when we are home and reading when we are gone. I also have a two "personal assistants" this summer. I  am hoping they last the summer. I have a hard time keeping people working for me but I am trying to be less dictatorshipish...this time. Just lots of helping. One is 14 and going into 9th grade and one is going into 6th grade. A combination of helping me ..and doing things with Rainey that allow me to do other things. One comes from a family of five and her brother has been in Raineys K and 1st grade class and the sister is in 4th grade and friends with Rainey and the other sister is 11 and adores Rainey. So my helper is welcome to bring one of them over to play as long as she is watching them and responsible for their activities. Give Rainey someone to play with and have fun and then someone to clean up after the play. Today I said I would pick her up for 2 or 3 hours and would have the stuff for them to make playdough (clean up the kitchen) and everything out on the counter to play... sounds like fun to me if I was 6 years old.  Then today after Rainey does her school work we are going to make a chain of all the days until school starts again... (Rainey likes school) and then she can clip one off each day. So we are off to a good summer

I am working with the other ladies on the PTA with our fitbits to get 10,000 steps in a day. I started yesterday and got my steps in. I like the motivation to get downstairs and get on the treadmill.

I have garden watering duty at the school all next week. Its a good activity for Rainey to play on the playground while I water the garden each day.

Good news!!! Rainey discovered she likes Birkenstocks. They are so cute and so versatile for a kid. I can see her summer Alaskan outfits as being Birkenstocks and leggings and out of state Birkenstocks and bike shorts. Although in the past she has not like bike shorts so just a comfy short. I should get on that soon because she has grown out of all of her shorts and summer outfits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home