20 days of summer
Wow.... almost 3 weeks. Update- the yard still needs mowing but the lawn mower is out and running so if it will stop raining I plan on accomplishing that this week. We spent last week in Phoenix. It was a very productive week for Rainey. We arrived on Sunday morning and Rainey spent the day playing with her friend at the drop zone. It was so, so, so hot that day and I was getting concerned but she was drinking lots of water and coming in to cool down but was having fun. I went to Target to get supplies for the week. Pretty low key day with early bed since we had flown all night. On Monday Rainey had her acting camp in Phoenix and it is an hour drive back and forth. The camp was M-F from 9:30 to 3:30 pm. So off we went to Phoenix and I got her checked in and dropped off by 9:07 when I got back in the car. I headed over to Walmart to putz around for a while and bought a bunch of groceries and put them in the trunk. Then I went to the Arizona Mills mall to walk around a bit. I ended up getting a 1 hour massage which felt amazing, did some shopping and then over to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch and back to get Rainey. I was there early on the first day not sure what to expect but was standing outside the door to the classroom about 20 minutes early. Holy Smokes that was a slow 20 minutes and it was hot. I got there 10 minutes early the next day and it was hot and so on Wed and Thursday I got smart and waited in the air conditioned car until 3:30 on the dot and then got out to go pick up Miss. B. On Tuesday I decided to just drive back to the hotel each day instead of driving around Phoenix without any real idea of what to do because I realized on Monday that I missed doing things without Rainey. So T-F we would leave at 8 am - Rainey liked playing in the park by the camp for a little bit before class. It did feel good in the mornings. 8 am leave and I would be back around 10:30 am. Then I would leave about 1 pm to head back to get her and run some errands as needed. Things like getting gas. Now on Tuesday, Wed and Thursday at 3:30 I would pick her up and have food for her in the car and we would sit in the car for 30 minutes until 4 when she had private lessons with her acting coach to work on her Monologues for New York. I was super pleased with the progress she made during the week. Phoenix camp -check. We were happy to be home on Saturday afternoon and to drive into the yard. I did a ton of cleaning and organizing and washing and prepping food for the week on Sunday.
We had some of Toms relatives come up to Alaska and we met them for dinner in Anchorage. A cousin from Texas that he had not seen since they were 8 years old.
I have a feeling June is going to go buy pretty darn quickly. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home