Sunday
Had a good day yesterday. I had tickets to the Anchorage Youth Theatre. Rainey and I stopped in Eagle River to have a bite to eat at her favorite place. China Lights. They do a buffet every day and she gets some items from the salad bar and then her egg drop soup, tea(she has a sip or two) and then some rice, noodles and some chicken. I think it is healthier than Mcdonald's and not much more for her meal. They go by age so it is about the same as a happy meal. I had a small amount of almond chicken and some soup but was really not that hungry. Then we headed into town to pick up Adrienne and we headed downtown to see the play. We left at intermission. We have been doing that lately but I am trying to get her acclimated to the arts and am not interested in having a bad experience that makes going to the theatre something negative. Plus they did not have any refreshments and Adrienne was hungry and so was Rainey again by this point so I asked her what she wanted to eat and she said Mexican which is code for La Mex. We had just been to La Mex the day before with Tom for lunch. He had a meeting in town so we decided to ride with and have him drop us off at the Dimond Center. He said his meetings would be about two hours so I called Adrienne (since she only lives 5 minutes away) and asked if she wanted to join Rainey and I at the Dimond Center which she did so at any rate the meetings only lasted an hour and I had told Rainey I would get her something to eat at Subway but then Tom got there early so we headed over to La Mex. She likes the chicken fajitas and so that is what she had on Friday and on Saturday. Adrienne likes the combo dinner fajitas and that way she can take left overs home to eat later. I like the tostados and usually get two of them ala carte. Ok so we ended up at La Mex and then dropped off Adrienne and headed back to the valley. When we got home our guitar instructor was here so we had guitar lessons. Rainey pretty much just listens in which is fine at this point. I am just getting her immersed in the idea of music and so she will pick up her guitar and strum some strings ect.
Today I am going to organize my clothes. Yep, I am going to figure the entire mess out. Actually only the clothes in the bedroom. Not the ones in the attic or the ones in Adrienne's old room just the ones in the two closets upstairs. I am going to go to Fred Meyers and gets some tubs with lids. Side note: I have been organizing a lot lately with the clear plastic tubs with the lids. I cleaned up Raineys toy area upstairs and right now we have five tubs sitting outside the bedroom waiting to get organized. My plan is to clean out the cabin, it is full of Renae and Adrienne's stuff, then clean out Adrienne's old room which is filled to the brim with my stuff and her stuff and the storage room and get it all organized and out in the cabin (going to use the cabin as storage) and then turn Adrienne's old room into a playroom for Rainey and then all these toys that we have been storing can be taken out organized and made into a playroom. That is my plan for ummm May but maybe June :) ok so back to my clothes. I am going to group them by pants, crops, shorts, short sleeve t shirts, short sleeve regualar shirts, skirts, sweater with buttons, jackets, and then figure out the rest by hanging up stuff I wear on a regular basis. So, maybe nine tubs will do the trick but then I have to find a place to put them all. I also need to go through Raineys clothing and get out all the Gymboree 5 and store them in the attic. I just feel the urge to organize today.
Rainey, Adrienne, Jess and I are headed down to Alyeska this week for a "staycation". We are going to swim, relax, eat, play outside ( I need to remember to bring snow gear ) and just have some springtime in Alaska fun. I was thinking of flying up to Fairbanks this week with Rainey, they have some fun activities going on but its still a bit chilly up there. I like Fairbanks in the summer not in the beginning of March. What would be really cool would be to fly up to Nome to watch the mushers come in. That would be an awesome experience for her. I might have to think about that for next year. There a few logistics involved as in the time they arrive. I remember when Renae was working up there back in 2007 and Tom and I were down in Alabama and she called about 3 in the morning Alabama time to tell me the mushers had arrived and you could hear all this yelling and happiness, excitement in the background etc. It was just a bit hard for me to get excited about it at 3 am all the way down in Alabama. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home