Friday
Hmmm. There is quite the storm outside. Very nasty road conditions, strong winds and lots of rain do not make for a great drive into Eagle River this evening. I have my first class tonight and there has been no school closure ( not many classes on Friday evening to even make it worth it to call it probably) but I have to leave in the next 10 minutes ( waiting for Tom to get back) and I am just not feeling good about this situation. I really do not like missing the first night of class. I do know that you get out early on the first night after about an hour or so and that would get me home sooner but it does not change the fact that I have to be on the roads tonight in the wet and dark and I am going to have to drive really slow to feel comfortable. That being said I do drive a giant 4 x 4 with all the bells and whistles having to do with letting me know when there are icy conditions, keeping the car on the road and in the event I go off the road my handy OnStar is supposed to know right away and get someone out to help me. Does all that make me feel better ? not really. I should take some paper towels and windex because that is the other issue tonight . The slush will cling to my headlights and render them pretty much useless without me pulling over a few times to repair the situation. Should I go? Should I stay home? I will let you know tomorrow what I decided !!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home