blogging
I have not done an actual typing blog in a while and thought I would sit down and take a moment to type some of what we have been up to lately. First off today has been really icy. I did not check my messages before taking Rainey to school and while on the way got a phone call from the school saying that the previous message about the school being closed for the day was wrong and the school would be open. We picked up Rainey after school but I just got another phone call saying bus 21 and 24 were just leaving the school and it is 5 pm. School is out at 3:30 pm. I had a class in Anchorage today and could not miss it even if the roads were terribly icy and out here in the valley there were 22 accidents in 2 hours but as I was preparing to leave I got the call saying that the university was closing down and all classes from 1pm on were cancelled. Whew... I really did not want to drive to town in such terrible weather. It is now turning into a snow storm and warming up so the icy road conditions will go away and just a ton of snow will be dumped on us tonight.. Tomorrow is Breanna's wedding out on the base and I hope the roads improve before having to leave for the wedding and that we do not have a potential snowstorm on the way home. I am a terrible driver at night and when it is snowing it is even worse. The bad part is that I told Adrienne I would pick her up so I have to go across town to Lake Otis area and then to the wedding and then back to Lake Otis to drop her off which is normally not an issue but if it is pouring down snow it will be a challenge.
We are going to be flying down to Seattle for Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving and spend the afternoon and evening there and then heading back that same night. I have papers due and I prep work for the Girl Scout Daisy Christmas party that is taking place at our house on the 30th for our troop. I decided to have it from 1-4 pm and the girls can spend some time playing outside and then we will have some centers set up for playing such as a Barbie center, dress up center, craft center, cooking decorating center, baking/food center type of activities with some Christmas caroling fun. I am seriously thinking of hosting a Christmas party for Rainey's kindergarten class on the Saturday before Christmas here at the house but have not fully decided on it yet. Tom says I overload myself and he is right so I am not sure that it will be taking place this year but I could tuck it away in the back of my mind for next year.
I have a pile of paperwork on my desk that needs to get addressed in the next hour in order for me to go inside and wrap presents with Rainey and watch our taped episode of survivor.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home