Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday

Ok, so Saturday morning was spent playing Mario on the new Wii U and then about noon we decided to go get some more games and figure out what to do with our new machine. Then the afternoon was spent playing with Adrienne and then I decided we had to get outside for a while so we collected wood and started a fire and roasted hot dogs for dinner. We were able to enjoy the wonderful fall weather and it was lots of fun. Evening was spent playing Mario :) I think we finally turned it off around 11 pm.

Sunday I had to get some work done on my Senior Seminar class so in the morning I started a beef stew in the crockpot and Rainey and I made Caramel apple cupcakes. Jordan came over about 1 pm and he and Rainey played and played and played outside.  We had another fire around 5 pm and ate our stew and rolls outside around the campfire. I did  get my proposal done for class and was able to enjoy the evening.

Monday, whew!! I volunteered in RB's class from 2:30 to 3;45 and then we came back to the house to get her swim suit on and then off to the bank, post office and Walgreens and then on to her swim lesson at Swim Like A Fish. It was from 5 to 5:30 and she did really well. I am interested in her getting to trust her instructor and feel comfortable in the water. I am not into group swimming lessons so this is one on one and I think that it will work well for Rainey. At 5:45 we were done and ready to leave, Tom was supposed to meet us there at 5:45 after his meeting but when I called he was still about 10 minutes away so we met up at the Mcdonalds parking lot ( they were going to get dinner at Mcdonalds ) and I took off for Anchorage because I had a 7pm meeting with my prof. Rainey had basketball practice from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Tom took her to practice and I was able to leave the college at 7:15 pm and went straight to the school for the rest of practice. I made it at 8 pm and yes I was speeding. I wanted to be there for some of her first basketball practice. . She loves it.
Today after school we took her to Sports Authority to buy her a ball, water bottle, warm ups, basketball shoes and socks that match oh and the matching basketball shorts. She is ready for her first game on Saturday :) Tom and I both believe in having the right outfits for the sports you are playing and she is going to look adorable on Saturday and at her practice on Monday night.

Rainey and I are headed to a girl scout meeting tonight. It is the first informational one of the year but before we go we are going to go eat Mexican.  Tomorrow I have a huge day. I am teaching my first class in citizenship and then have my regular class in the evening. Be gone from noon until 9 pm ... Rainey calls it my long day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home