Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday

I am starting my senior seminar project on The Battle of the Little Bighorn. Since I am always listening to books on the subject I thought it might be fun for Rainey and I to learn about some American Native traditions so I bought these books on Amazon to help us better understand their culture.







Rainey enjoying her pixie stick and having fun enjoying the super nice fall day. You can tell I got a bit behind on my mowing :)
 

I have brought fall  into the kitchen. You can see that I  had a little "helper" who decided we needed stuffed animals on our table. That folder is her homework folder that goes back and forth from school each day and the plastic baggie is holding the "environmental print" we have been collecting and needs to get turned into school on Wed for a project. We still need about 10 items in our bag.

The great room which by the way was completely clean and organized at 4pm yesterday has now been  dis-organized.

Trees in the driveway. Fall is on its way.
 
 
I did super good yesterday. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and then I took a bubble bath and we ordered pizza and had family movie night. We watched Cheaper by the Dozen and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. It was nice. I did not go anywhere all day but had the satisfying feeling of accomplishing so much in the house. Tons of laundry and ironing and decorating and organizing. Today I worked on the upstairs and when Tom came up he said "wow" how did you get all this done in such a short amount of time. ? His other question was how long did I think the upstairs toy area would stay clean? When he asked Rainey she said "for two days"!! well, the great room did not last two days. I am trying to figure out a way to have her pick up after herself but not sure yet. I have this awesome new book about charts and rewards system for kids but have not fully delved into it yet.  I want to do a fun Halloween project with Rainey this afternoon and read some Halloween /fall books and then maybe make some pumpkin shaped cookies or a witches hat shaped cookie. Those are the only two Halloween cookie cutters that I have.
 
I went to Costco on Friday and bought a slab of salmon. The idea was for Tom to cook it on the grill but then yesterday I decided to bake it in the oven and use it to make salmon patties which is what I did this morning. ( we like them cold ) so we are having delicious salmon patties for dinner with rice a roni ( Tom and Rainey love it ) and steamed carrots. Yummy. I thought we might have  a Halloween movie for tonights "family movie" after Rainey takes a bath (bribery, right?) and is all ready for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home