Friday, August 23, 2013

Storage Room

I went down to the storage room today to find some fall decorations and I was very upset. It is an absolute mess with nothing but Christmas up in the front. It is an accumulation of paying someone to take down decorations and put them back in the storage room and instead of putting it all away in an organized manner all they did was shove it in the room with no rhyme or reason and seriously it is a mess. The only thing I can think of doing is waiting until Christmas and getting all Christmas out and then giving myself a chance to get in there and do some organizing. Then I thought about it and that is not going to work if I want to decorate for Halloween. Not sure what I am going to do besides haul it all out and then try to put it back in an organized manner. Probably not going to happen for a while but I can put it on the  list of things to do and see if I could spend a little time down there each day if I could manage to make some headway. Just a thought

Rainey started school on Thursday. Today is her second day. She is enjoying it and starting to learn the schedule and how things are done. We are going to be driving her and picking her up each day which means parking and taking  her in each morning and then in the afternoon we pick her up in the gym. It looks to be a pretty efficient classroom. After her first day of school she and I went over to the Alaska State Fair. It was overcast, chilly, and raining off and on. I loved every moment of it. I love the fair in those conditions. I even bought a corn dog (thinking of mother who loved corn dogs in inclement weather at the fair) I took a bite and it was so delicious. Rainey asked me for a bit (had no idea she liked corn dogs) and she ate the entire thing. :) We made a wax hand holding a pink rose, we bought her two awesome pairs of bog boots, we got a magnent made with our smiling faces, we played four games, she fooled the guesser and won a prize. By this time we were getting soaked and tired. We go back tomorrow for  her performance so we will do more then.

Have to go pick Miss B up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home