Good Morning
When we were in Houston on Monday I got a call from the school secretary wanting to set up a time the next morning for Rainey to do her kindergarten roll in. She had 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30 time frames. Tom had a meeting in Anchorage at 9 am and would not be back in order for us to get one of those time slots so I told her they would have to make a new time at 1:30 for Rainey because Tom wanted to be there for her roll in. So that was the plan but then on Tuesday morning at 7 am he got a message that the meeting was rescheduled and he would not have to be there at 9 am. I called the school at 8:30 and we got in the 10:30 time slot. Rainey did awesome. They did some testing actually end of the year benchmark testing and she was almost there as far as what to know at the end of kindergarten. The two teachers loved her. The one teacher was saying that Rainey reminded her of "her Emily" who was in her class and is now a 2nd grader. She said she had the same type of haircut and dressed like Rainey. They were amazed at her communication skills. They both said she was highly verbal. It was a really fun experience.
This is the dress she wore. It is a soft sweater dress and she had the matching sparkle kitty tights on with it and her new sketcher ballerina twirling shoes and looked adorable. She had the bow and carried the purse. She does not have the shoes anymore because after I took the time to drive her to Anchorage to the mall and go in, try on size 11 and size 12 she picked size 12 but when we got home and she tried them on again she said they did not fit right and so I took them back to the mall (I did not have the receipt and ended up getting 10.00 less than what I paid because they were on sale by this point). The funny part was that while I was in there the lady told me that she just had someone else looking for those shoes in size 12 and they did not have them until I brought them back. :) At any right I am digressing. Then since it was raining she had on her pink lands end dress rain coat as well as carrying her hello kitty pink umbrella. Cute, Cute, Cute.
Ok so enough on clothes. Tom just left for Homer a little bit ago. He is just flying down for the day and will be back around 5 pm which will be just about the time I am leaving to take Rainey to Ballet class. She has her performance at the state fair on Saturday. School starts tomorrow and then the state fair as well so after school I am going to take her over for a few hours to check it out. That's the nice thing about living in Palmer. Being so close to the fair. I still have suitcases to unpack, laundry to do, a house to clean and organize etc etc. I am hoping to be caught back up and on track by Saturday( oh forgot about the fair) on Sunday then. It would be nice to be caught up before my classes start on Monday.
I also wanted to get down to the storage room and get some decorations out. Fall time ones to be specific. I had some pictures to show of what I did before in 2010 but for some reason my computer is being aggravating right now about uploading pictures. Oh well I need to get started on some stuff.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home