Sunday, September 15, 2013

You always know when...

I am working on a paper that is due the next day that I am most likely going to be posting on my blog. :) I think it helps me work out my thoughts in a random manner on this blog and then I can structure them for the actual  paper. By the way my papers is a 5 page critique of the book What is History? Pretty dry stuff.

Well, this week we have had picture day which turned out good. Back when we were in Oregon this summer I bought Rainey some dresses at the New to You store located in Mcminnville. I think that is also where I accidentally drover over that cement thing in front of the car when you park ( it was crooked, sideways parking and it did not even click in my mind that the would  have one in front of  me) but I am digressing so in the store which is a used store (had you not guessed that by the name of the store) had a lot of really cute dresses -summer dresses and we got Rainey one really pretty "party dress" it is long and soft and pink and full of ruffles. Well, on picture day she wanted something fancy to wear and so I pulled out that dress and paired it with a long sleeve soft pink shirt under it and I think that the combination is going to turn out very pretty in the pictures. Tom was a bit suprised by the choice but I told him that she wanted to wear it and she was aware that she might be over dressed but that she wanted to continue to wear the "ensemble". When we got to school she got about five compliments on her outfit on the way to her classroom. I did have to mention to the substitute that it was a used dress and I was not worried if it got dirty on the playground etc. Everything turned out good so we will see what the pictures end up looking like for Kindergarten.

I went to my first Scentsy party yesterday. Well actually an open  house but my first for Scentsy. Does anyone else have Scentsy in their homes? Ummmm the smells were amazing. I ended up stopping at 10 of them to see what they were like and would I actually use them, continue to use them, like them etc. I got four plug in warmers with word "Believe" on them. I went with fall time and holiday scents. Things like Oatmeal Sugar, Pumpkin, Apple Pie, even a Peppermint which looked like it might be fun in the month of December. I got one named "Goody Gumdrops" I might just be attached to the names but whatever :)

Went down to storage room yesterday and brought up fall and Halloween. Lots of Halloween. The way I have the great room set up right now it is not going to work for me to have very much Halloween out unless I just put it on the windows and above the fireplace but that seems like a lot of work so I think I will ditch Halloween decorations this year and just do the kitchen in falltime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home