Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thoughtful

I decided to be the Girl Scout leader for Rainey's troop. I had to have three references. I sent out some Emails asking different people I know if they would mind being a reference for me. It was not a big deal. It was going to be a link sent to their Email that they could then go to and fill out the form online for a reference. Out of all the Emails I sent out only one person has not responded. It  has been a week and I have not heard anything from them. I am just wondering about it... Does that mean that they are not supportive on me ? or of Rainey? or of Girl Scouts? hmmm.. and if so I should probably know this so that I can make sure I do not bother them in the future with visits (Now I am thinking that perhaps they did not want a visit when I did visit) all very complicated. If they do not want to visit or be a part of our lives then I feel that it would be much easier to just let me know. It would have been nice to just get an Email saying that they were not interested in doing a reference instead of not sending anything back. Anyway if the person reads this I am going to presume you are not interested in our lives and I will not bother you in the future with requests or visits. I think that is pretty simple. I said my part  and now I can move on with other things. Like a 12 page paper that I need to write today and tomorrow and two basketball games on Saturday morning and a ton of little to dos to mark off my list in the next 2 days. I have to finish up my Advanced Practicum application packet this morning and turn it in tomorrow when I am on the campus. I need to read the articles for a class discussion tomorrow. I am franctically trying to find time to tan each day but I started to late and am not as dark as I would have liked to be but what can you do? At any rate this post was more about the reference. I am going to make sure that I learn from this experience and in the future help those that ask me for a reference because I know that it an awkward feeling to have to reach out and ask somebody but it is even a worse feeling if they do not respond to your reaching out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home