Friday, August 9, 2019

August 9th

It was just the end of July and now it is August 9th - I have no idea how time goes by so fast- I wanted to blog about Rainey's birthday- 11 years old! One thing about being homeschooled and not having regular friends that live near you or that you see frequently is that it makes it hard to have birthday parties. I have also seen a trend in planning big parties and not having people show up- We did have a party for Rainey in Wasilla in April - it was kind of like a birthday party - we had the cupcakes and we rented the party room - and had all the activities at the fun center - with her friends up there - and I think everyone showed up that we invited except for one- and she is the one that we went to see at Disneyland- and then when we go up in August - my plan is to have a party at Adrienne's - not big but just a cake and sing Happy Birthday and another one with a cake and singing Happy Birthday at the Book Club- so we had went back and forth on putting a party on at Scooters Jungle - Bounce place or Pump it Up - another Bounce place and we could invite 10 people- but a few things come into play- you have to plan early and send out invitations and what if Rainey is not available? that is a slim chance but I have discovered that as soon as I plan something then something comes up and if I plan nothing then nothing comes up - Murphy's Law- Right? so there is that - and then what if the kids don't show up and I put out all that money and planning - that can be an issue-people have plans and it is summertime- so at any rate - We decided not to do the party and then the next option was spending the day at Disneyland- and doing the Princess Boutique and the lunch with the Princess's -etc- but then the Tuckers came down and invited us to Disneyland and so it was not that exciting to get to go almost back to back- and it is very crowded down there- and takes forever to get there in traffic no matter what time of day- so then she has been into Harry Potter so that was the choice to go to Universal- which we did - she had a super good time- It was just her and I because of Tom's back and knee but we discovered it is not the knee but the back that is causing the knee issue - so it is getting better- he had some bulging disks pushing on a nerve but he could not walk through Universal- so we opened up her presents in the morning- she got a pretty good haul!! I did a great job paying attention to things she has been pointing out in stores or mentioning to me- then we went to Universal - came home and took a nap!! Rainey took a two hour nap- she had been up at 5am wide awake with excitement for her Birthday- and then we went over to Olive Garden for dinner and came home and had cake and sang Happy Birthday- she said it was the best birthday she has had and she has had some nice ones in the past so I was happy to hear that- 6:30 am right now and time to get ready for the last day of Horse Camp- Rainey likes to be 10 minutes early-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home