Saturday
We had our first piano lesson today- and Rainey has almost made it halfway through the book on her own when we got home- I am pretty sure she has put in almost two hours today playing- I am thinking it is going to come naturally to her just like her acting and singing- we practiced Charlie one time through today and we also practiced her song for the recital- her singing brought tears to my eyes- she portrays such emotion with her voice - making dinner - decided to sit upstairs - it is raining outside and the breeze and smell of fresh rain is wonderful. I am doing a hodgepodge for dinner - trying to use up some items I have had on hand- I am making hash with the leftover potatoes and onions and green peppers with sausage, hot dogs and bacon- and then tuna noodle casserole - I love tuna noodle casserole but only make it once in a while - same with hash - usually holiday season - but It sounded good the other night and we ended up with lots of extras. - We are also starting our pursuit of Rainey being bilingual - we are starting Rosetta Stone tomorrow starting with Spanish- I will have to learn it with her so that she can be fully immersed in the language - it was brought to my attention that being bilingual would be a HUGE boost to her career in the area of diversity!- so there you go - I think it is going to be amazing and we are all really excited - Tom is thinking of joining us so that we can all speak together - he wants French next so... and I know Rainey wants to go to France. Baby Bear is so cute- he has a box that he is saving his monies (he calls them) to get a big prize - the prize he has picked is 36.00- so everytime he goes to the bathroom in his potty he has a chart and he gets a sticker and when he fills up the chart he gets 5.00 for his monies box- well.... Rainey has been helping him along and so has Tom - Tom sent him 5 (1.00) bills and Rainey sent him 10.00 of her money- and then he filled up a chart so he has some to add to his 10 he has in his box. They are all 1 dollar bills and everytime we call he gets out his special box and counts all of his 1.00 dollar bills for us - it is so precious I can hardly stand it!!! We finished week 1 of summer school this week - this is the last week of actual school in Alaska - so we are a week ahead and about halfway through the second week - we spent a ton of time this week working on Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - and then hair and then I had lunch with Cindy up at Sizzlers - Well, I am going to check on the food -

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home