April 8th
He was so excited to see me. I had been telling him that when he heard a knock knock on the door it would be me. We had practiced it the week before on the phone. Knock, knock, knock... Hi Grandma by Daddy so when I picked him up and hugged him he was so excited to tell me that he understood when he heard the knock, knock on the door. I told him I had a surprise in the car for him and I opened the door and he was so happy to see Rainey- he was just so happy. It was such a treat to get to enjoy the pure love that he has for us and of course us for him. We drove to the FM and said we have another surprise and Tom got in the car - again such excitement. So we went back quickly to the hotel and got everything out and I told the front desk about the smell and what I suspected - don't think she really cared but whatever and we headed out to the valley. Wow, what scenery - absolutely incredible- I love the mountains and they were just so majestic with just the right amount of snow still on them- the ground was snow free and was a nice drive out there- we got there a bit early so we decided to go to Nancy's store and visit- baby loves to play at her train table and she had bought a bunch of stuff for Rainey and gotten reimbursed by the school so we were checking that out and we still had 212.00 to spend so we were accumulating more - I swear I have so much homeschool stuff it is coming out of every corner I can find to put it in. I am grateful for it but it just seems to accumulate and there will be more the end of August when we go back up for her beginning of the year meeting. Then we called to see if Jordan wanted to have lunch with us which he did so we went and picked him up and Rainey wanted to go to our old favorite Mexican place so we had a nice lunch and visited with Jordan and then dropped him off and headed to the motel they said I could check in at 2pm and it was exactly 2 pm- and we were so tired !! we were on the 4th floor facing the mountains - if you think of the highway on the left with wide open views - I think just the view was worth the hotel room. We ended up with a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen which was right by the elevator so pretty accessible - Pretty big with a sofa bed and a chair and bar stools - they have 2 bedroom suites - I thought if we went up for Christmas we might do the 2 bedroom and put in a tree etc.... anyway - I unpacked and baby opened his Paw Patrol back pack we had bought him and it was stocked full of little gifts all wrapped in Paw Patrol paper - it was fun watching his enjoyment of opening the presents. I think he was overwhelmed by all the attention but enjoying it just the same- I think we might have had a nap- I remember Baby being asleep when Adrienne arrived- she had gotten off work at 4 pm in ER so got there about 4:40 pm - she and Rainey and I went to FM for supplies, water and snacks for the room and then we went to pick up Jordan for dinner at Evangelos - where Rainey really wanted to go - she has been going there since she was just a few days old so it has lots of meaning for her- but it was Prom in Wasilla so they were packed and said it would be an hour or more and Miss B. marched up and explained to them that she was up from California and had been going there her whole life and how she loved Evangelos and how important it was that she get to eat there that night and about 15 minutes later we were seated at a table.!!! Dinner was delicious as always- I had a crab special - not sure what all was in it but noodles and vegetables and a terribly fattening but delicious sauce and crab cakes on top- Rainey had F. Alfredo - which baby ended up sharing with her because he liked it better than his chicken strips-Tom and Adrienne both had the filet which they love - very nice dinner - we dropped off Jordan and Adrienne went home - she had to go back to work at midnight - and needed a few hours of sleep and we enjoyed time with baby until we could not keep our eyes open - and went to sleeep
Heading down to Hollywood area this morning for an audition then this afternoon Rainey is starting her first private singing lesson - she wants to train her voice to be higher- and Tom is starting guitar lessons - that was one of the things we did in Alaska was go to the storage unit and get his Telly guitar and bring it back - he is a collector of guitars and has a few really nice ones - he would by tons if I gave the ok but I don't :) I think 4 or 5 guitars for one person is plenty. I will work on Sunday later today or tomorrow- I had a hard time getting into my blog when I changed the background but now I think I have it figured out-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home