Sunday, January 6, 2019

January 6th

I am going to try and get back to my plan of posting once a week on Sunday and since this is the first Sunday of the month here is my first post. I was hoping to start a couple of college classes through UAA online - classes start on the 14th - however I found out that since I have been inactive for more than two years I had to reapply and by the time I sent in my admissions it was too late for Spring semester and I have to wait until Summer semester - which is sad but there is nothing I can do about it but look forward to my classes in the summer. Adrienne and baby left on the 26th out of Burbank- and she turned him over to Jess the next morning and they have him until the 17th of January and so she talks to him for 10 minutes each day but we have not been able to talk to him since I waved goodbye at the airport - so super looking forward to the 17th and being able to Face Time him - Adrienne has a roommate- but it is short term and she is on a list for more affordable housing- her job starts on Wednesday - she is getting her ducks in a row and seems to be happy- just really missing Baby Bear - this was a one time thing that Jess said if he allowed us to have baby for 3 weeks then he got 3 weeks immediately after and so she has not been away from him this long ever and it is hard on her. On the 17th it goes back to the 3 day 4 day that they have before. The new manager is in LA for IMTA and we will be meeting with her on Friday the 11th- Finally got Rainey to Dr. A (orthodontist ) and got her hardware or gear readjusted and in place so we can get that going again - Tom is completely in charge of that - I don't need one more thing to have to be the bad person about - it is hard enough for me to get her to brush her teeth twice a day much less wear and turn and whatever else has to be done with that - they said it was ok that lots of parents have issues getting it started - she did not have any cavities again !!!! so I must be doing something right on the teeth issue- Tom and Rainey are working on a science kit about making lava lamps right now- he told me he would take over science experiments for Rainey - I am so not into science at all and I can do book work but experiments are absolutely not my thing so this works out good and it is nice to have someone help with the homeschool after so many years of doing it myself- Adrienne helped a ton with it but now she is gone and it was just me this last two quarters and frankly I need some assistance - I don't know if I do too much ? or what but it gets overwhelming trying to get in 4-5 hours a day in five subjects- she loves history - we could do 4 to 5 hours a day in history - and she would be super happy and I would be super happy- we are reading a new book about the Civil War and it is fantastic - so interesting and funny - the author writes other books about history - I found him when I was volunteering for the Immigration test a long time ago and found one of his books recently in my pile of books and started reading it to her and we just love the style of writing - It rained yesterday - it was wonderful - it is supposed to rain tonight - I think that is one thing that bothers me the most down here is the lack of weather or seasons - it is just blue sky every single day - which most people would not be complaining about but after a while blue skies can get to you almost as much as snow in the winter. We are done with Grays - moving on to other opportunities and teachers. I have not heard from Shanelle - I am sure they are going to be upset and miss my 876.00 a month and my money for theatre and camps and coaching and self tapes but frankly I am done with them- It just all came to a head and also talking with Rainey's new coach - and there is not much that Grays can do for her - she needs to move to  a higher level of acting- there is a place out here that I am going to put her in twice a week (much more reasonable ) for 10 weeks and then if we want to do something else we can - I think just doing the same thing or the same class by the same people over and over and over loses its potency after a while - so I will tell you about the new classes as soon as I have them all in place - she also wants to dance - a little hiphop - so I am looking for that as well - going to take Rainey to see Mary Poppins tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home