November 21st
I really have no idea how it has already become November 21st - No idea at all- it seems just like yesterday it was the beginning of January and now we are already to November 21st- I am ready for Thanksgiving- I had decided not to go to Alaska a long time ago for Thanksgiving - for pretty much anything in the winter months! but not Thanksgiving - so I did not get the tickets ahead of time or do any planning at all to go to Anchorage for Thanksgiving- then in St. George Nancy mentioned that we were invited to Thanksgiving- WHAT? and that was when Thanksgiving was only 3 weeks away- I thought about it- I thought that it might be Pete's last Thanksgiving but maybe not- and that it would be nice to see Adrienne and Baby- because I was not going to be up there for court the beginning of December - I checked into tickets- I formulated somewhat of a plan - kind of a go up and come right back plan but then I decided not to go - It really did not make sense to me- and I was just not feeling it this year - Adrienne is going to go over to Brenn's house tomorrow morning (Halen's Mom) and visit - she was invited - curious how things change as life goes on - but she and Baby are going to visit for a while and then she is going to drop the baby off with Jess so he can spend Thanksgiving with him - and she is going to go to Darlene's for Thanksgiving dinner - which is better without the baby because Darlene's house is not child proof - even though she offered to child proof it if we came up for Thanksgiving- then I ordered Whole Foods - They have dinner for 4- a turkey breast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, turkey gravy and cranberry sauce but I decided to get for 8 which sounds like a lot but it is really not- especially if you want some left overs- we are doing our own rolls - the 8 gives you a real turkey to heat up - and I added some sweet potato mash dish- then we have Pecan and Pumpkin pies for dessert for when we watch the beginning of the holiday season -movie - Christmas Vacation ! so I was talking or face timing baby the other night and said .. is your name Barry? and he says ... "no, my name is baby" so we might need to get on that calling him something other than baby- in the meantime we decide that it is actually better for Adrienne to stay up there and get an apartment and job and go to school - more in detail but she will come down here for 3 weeks in December and 1 week in March (school spring break) and 2 weeks in June and then I will go back and forth to visit but it will be cheaper without the hotel and eating out- the other plan was one month on and one month off but she could not be away from him for a whole month so her life would basically have been on hold just so we could see him for that month- I feel peaceful about the outcome - so that is why they are coming for the 3 weeks - I have been organizing and filing, and sending bag after bag to GoodWill - purging if you will - I want everything to be clean and organized for December - right now I need to get downstairs and clean off the table - I have been putting everything on it as I clean the garage and bring stuff in - and I have to organize down there - we have a Christmas puzzle to put out tomorrow- Rainey and Tom love to do puzzles - me ... not so much.. I also have to then take Pepper out to the dog sitters and make a run by Good Will - We are going up to Big Bear Lake just to spend the night on Friday and be back later afternoon on Saturday - spend time with Tom's nephew and family - they are lighting the tree in Big Bear Lake and Santa will be arriving - should be a bit of snow on the ground... Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home