Friday, November 9, 2018

November 9th

I have been gone for two weeks with only two days home- first Alaska and then Utah- I really wish we (or I) could have simply got in my car and driven to Utah but instead Nancy and Darlene flew into LAX on Sunday morning the 4th and visited with Breanna and then we met up with them and had lunch in Hollywood while Rainey had her practice - then Darlene, Nancy and I took an Uber to LAX - we actually got there early so had a few hours and then flew to Las Vegas- got another Uber and went to the Travel lodge for the night- Monday morning we got up and took another Uber to the rental car center and rented our car - by then everyone was hungry so we had to stop for breakfast - and by the time we made it to St. George it was 12:30 pm but with the hour change it put it at 1:30 pm - Gail took us to see Brigham Young's house and we did the tour- then to see the tabernacle and did the tour- then we had to pick up Katie from the house and then go pick up Aunt Margy- and then drop off Katie at dance and then go to Red Lobster where Robert met up with us but since it was taking over an hour to get a table - someone had to pick up Katie from dance so Robert did that and Gail ordered his food but it was still not there by the time he got back so that worked out good - by this time we now have to take Margy home and go in and visit - which was great except the side of my neck was killing me - and it hurt really bad - we still had not made it to the rental- I think by the time we got there on Monday night it was around 10:30pm - the next day (Tuesday) we met up with Gail at 8:00 am - off to Zion- no cell phone service the entire day - but it was beautiful - we went on  three hikes - had lunch at the lodge inside the park - road the shuttle back - more walking - but then we  (Gail) needed to get one boy to Cub Scouts and another to another activity - Margy likes to eat early - so we were meeting for dinner at 6pm- Rib and Chop house that night- I wasn't feeling that great by Tuesday night - I was worn out from the day - and Margy wanted to visit - which is why we were there and it was an awesome family time with lots of memories and lots of stories about my mom and so really a great visit- Wednesday - we had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel which took a really long time - they had bus loads and a old time car group- then off to Pine Valley for more walks and Snow Canyon , Tuacahn, picking up Bentley from piano to run him to basketball practice. - pick up Aunt Margy downtown to dinner - we were there from 6:30-9:30 and then taking Margy home- by the time we got back it was 10:30 and Nancy wanted to stay up and visit but I was done (stick a fork i in me) that done- we had to be up at 5am to get ready to leave for the airport - in Las Vegas - there just wasn't any extra time- Gail has such a busy life - I thought I had a busy life ! with Robert being Stake President and Gail Relief Society President and three kids at home it was crazy- but we were so happy that she took the time to drive us around - I was able to see a different side of the area than I have in the past- and then throw in  Nancy and Darlene who wanted to visit -at any rate - I am super happy to be home - I was thinking of staying home until Nancy said that her dad (Peter) had invited us to Thanksgiving dinner - I was not planning on going up there but I will think on it... most likely not- I was just there and there is a chance that Adrienne and Baby will be down on the 1st of December for her month- if they can settle but if not she has another court date- I need to spend today working with Rainey getting her off book for the play- she has been busy lately since we change her age from 7-9 to 9-11- and I can tell you more about that later but she has had some really good auditions in the past two weeks - which was another thing in between all of this I have been running lines with her over the phone while I have been gone- it actually was a really bad time for a trip but Darlene really wanted to go - with Peter being sick and in and out of the hospital - I think she needed to get away for a bit - anyway- hard to believe that tomorrow is the 10th of November - I need to start thinking about Christmas pretty soon - Rainey said that she would not  look at my Amazon for the month of December so it would not spoil her Christmas - we have four beautiful dresses ready for the holiday season - -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home