Sunday, January 20, 2019

January 19th

I thought that since I blogged one day late last week I would blog one day early this week. So Rainey and I made a super funny 2 minute video for Baby to watch when he got in the car on Wednesday morning telling him that we would FaceTime with him in just a little bit. We still watch it and laugh and laugh and laugh... it is so goofbally but just perfect for the two of us. Adrienne said he watched it over and over on the way home and could not stop laughing. We loved seeing him for the first time after so long. The other night we were talking to him and I heard him say to him mom "Is my dinner ready yet"- he has gotten so grown up and precious and handsome. She got him back at 10 am on Wednesday and had to give him back on Friday at 10 am so that they could keep the 3 day 4 day schedule on track. The good news is that when we go up that last weekend in March - we will have him on the 1st and 2nd of April and a little of the 3rd unless we have to come back the night of the 2nd. Rainey had an audition for American Housewife and a National commercial for Comcast- she found out she is playing Aladdin in her musical theatre and I was thrilled to meet her teacher on Friday for the film production - I think I already mentioned Cindy Brady- so at any rate we had Rainey's hair cut on Wednesday - and we are growing it out a bit- still the same style but down just a bit to make her look more "normal" vs "just plain gorgeous" - Nancy bought tickets last fall for Mary Poppins - at the Performing Arts Center -for herself, her mom and Diana but apparently Diana got tickets from Marie and Julie for Christmas- or two tickets and Julie is coming up from Sacramento to go with her on the weekend of Feb 23/24 so Nancy had an extra one and wanted to know if I wanted to come up and we could do bookclub on Saturday night and then see the play on Sunday afternoon and then meet up with Diana and Julie for a family gathering on Sunday night at Darlene's house. I thought about it for a short time but then decided against going - #1 I really do not enjoy being around Julie - at all! - in April when I saw her she told us that she is completely spoiled/selfish and gets what she wants and she owns it! Whatever- so then it is super cold up there in Feb- Adrienne does not have Baby on the weekend - not until that Tuesday so I would not see baby- and Adrienne is working so I would not see her that much and we are going up the end of March for 4 or 5 days so that was the end of the invite :) I started this blog yesterday but ended up finishing it today! there was something that I was going to mention but I cannot remember - hmmmm... well I love my Interpersonal Communication class - I was hoping to also get into the history Senior Seminar but I have not heard anything- and we are a week in- I was one on the waitlist - it's not a big deal but it would have been nice - we are getting ready to head down to Rainey's class this morning - acting with Valerie Gould-she is our new acting coach and she does a once a week class - there is no registration - commitment- you pay if you go and you go if you can - I love that - so I guess that is it for this week - unless I go into home school - and you know I love doing that - but I will refrain except to say we did not meet our goal from last week which I think was five hours a day for 7 days - but that was pretty big for also having classes and hair and auditions - so we actually completed our 20 hours in our 5 core subjects - and we have today to get a head start on tomorrow!! we are reading a book that we both LOVE - The Girl who Drank the Moon- we have a unit study to go with it but we are a bit behind in the unit study because we love the book so much we keep wanting to read more and more-We have also discovered The Khan Academy - it is an online school program - we are using it for math, biology, astronomy and coding- we are also listening to The Origin and Evolution of the Earth- it is from The Great Courses off of audible - not aimed at 5th graders but we stop and talk about every 5 minutes to discuss what has been said- super good - Tom and I really enjoy listening - we do in the car mainly. While she was in class today I picked her up some cute clothes at It's a Wrap- she wears xs in the womens section so the possibilities are endless until you look at prices and then you realize that maybe that darling jacket you loved wasn't that darling at 50.00 even with 40% off- I spent 98.98 - I thought the amount was interesting so it stuck in my mind - I got two pants and 6 tops/jackets- ok well Rainey is outside playing and I need to take this time to start work on this weeks homework (my work :) Yay! love having my work!! till next week

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home