April 5th
Here are some pictures from the trip off of my camera. It was kind of windy both days that we were taking pictures so nobody wanted to stand out side with the wind freezing cold but I got some good ones. We had a really good time. I will type a little bit each day so I don't miss anything good by being in a rush. Rainey is playing Charlie in the play- she is happy with that role because she wanted either Charlie or Willy Wonka and actually Charlie has more lines and presence in the play. We finished up Flora and Ulysses and had the audition last Friday at 3pm. It is a book written by Kate Dimallo or something like that - she has written Because of Winn Dixie and lots of other but they are making the Flora one into a movie so we had that at 3pm last Friday all the way down in Beverly Hills - I think she is getting closer and closer to the right role or at least we are honing in on the right roles that she would be awesome for. We came back up here and got packed- headed to the airport- it was a super long night- we made it to Anchorage at around 4:30 am and got our bags and headed out to the cab stand. The first guy asked where we were going and we said the Alex which is just on Spenard - it is actually the old Barrett Inn- which I am sure you remember - he did not want to take us so we moved onto the next one and they kept saying we had too much luggage - the third one had a van so we got in that one - he asked and we said the Alex and he said that is why the other ones did not want to take us because it was so close and was a bit rude - I said well you don't know how much I was going to tip to make up for the short fare ride because I knew it was so close to the airport. I was tired and felt a bit cranky at their attitude- the ride was 7.75 and I ended up paying him 20 which is what I had planned to pay the entire time regardless of who took us so that was the beginning of the trip :) we got up to our room on the 5th floor at 5:30 - I could smell an odor but just thought it would be fine once we opened up the window and aired it out for a bit. I slept till about 8 and decided to go get the rental car. I went out and the shuttle van was just leaving so I got in real quick. I was riding over and the people by me were looking at me and it appeared they thought I smelled. One lady even covered her nose. I was really concerned I subtly smelled my underarms. I took a shower the afternoon before - I could not understand and it even concerned me when I got in the airport. I went and washed my hands and could not figure it out- so anyway I get the car. - I had asked for a minivan so we had room( Tom really dislikes the minivan but will deal with it if he has too ) so the lady said for a small upcharge I could get the Suburban- so I thought I would be nice and get it (Happy Early birthday present to Tom) :) He doesn't like wrapped presents so little things count. I go back to the hotel to pick up Tom and Rainey and go upstairs and walk into the room and the smell hits me- OMG- OMG the room smells like cat urine - i.e. METH- it was horrible - but we were on a schedule so we left the room asap - and headed to Village Inn for breakfast - at least I knew what the people were smelling on me. They probably thought I was a drug user... then we went by Fred Meyers on Lake Otis to drop off Tom (we did not want Jess to see him and not want us to have the baby since they do not like each other) and he was going to put in the car seat I had gotten at the rental place so I could go get baby- the car seat was a bucket one for an infant!!! so into FM we go to find a booster seat - time is ticking - almost time to pick up mister at 10 - had to get that seat in and get ready to go- Rainey is in the car with me and we head out and take a left on Lake Otis and then down a few blocks to 88th and then left on Nadine, pull into the driveway - I tell her to wait in the car and I had up the driveway to the door... I knock and no answer - hmmmm, I knock again.. it is the garage door so it can be hard to hear inside... so I hit the doorbell - no idea if it works... and the door opens.. there is Jess holding mister and mister is smiling and says HI. Gwma!!!! more later.. I need to make lunch -

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home