Sunday, March 10, 2019

March 10th

Had a couple of birthdays this week - Dad would have been 83 on March 6th- He shares a birthday with Gail - I am thinking Gail is 47 if I had to guess- She looks the same as she did when she was 12- so to think of her as 47 is funny- Nancy is turning 55 in May and I don't think of her as being 55- so I guess age is a bit of an odd duck sort of thing- Uncle Peter's birthday was on March 5th and I think he turned 83 or 84 so he and dad were pretty close in age - probably why they got along so well. I only got 16 hours of school work in this week - it was hard with Clifford and so two of the days were just spent on looking for the outfit and then coaching and driving down to Beverly Hills - took almost 2.5 hours to get home- I have not been feeling up to par lately. I feel like I am constantly tired - I have a head cold - I have been sleeping a bit different - going to sleep early getting up early and going back to sleep after a few hours of work - I just have to get things accomplished and this week is no different- I have to finish my communication class homework - finish 5 pages for my history class both are due on March 17th- Aladdin is that day as well- Rainey's schoolwork- Tom is leaving tomorrow night to go up to Alaska so driving him down to LAX tomorrow night - he will be gone all day on Tuesday and I will pick him up early am on Wednesday -5:30 ish- Rainey has her orthodontist appointment on Thursday again down in Beverly Hills - Its at 1pm so we should just be an hour getting home. - then final rehearsal that night- I have our tickets for the end of the month. I love talking about that - so here are my plans - Friday the 29th we leave LAX at 11:55 pm on the nonstop to Anchorage arriving at 4:45 am- since Adrienne is using the car we will be renting a car but you cannot rent until 8am - so we are going to get our bags - and take a cab to the Millianial (sp) hotel the one on Spenard Lake- I think it was called something different years ago- I get the room for the night before and let them know we will not be there until 5 ish- am sleep for a few hours - then I will shuttle back to the airport and rent the car and then go and pick up baby from Jess- Adrienne has to work on Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm - but at any rate pick up mister. I am beyond excited and it is still 3 weeks away- so then back to the hotel to pick up Tom and Rainey and then get some lunch in town - Tom likes to have lunch at the Natural Pantry - they do a good food - I am not sure like hot choices and cold choices and sandwiches etc. Rainey has her favorites there as well - then drive out to the valley -We are going to be staying in the valley after the first night-So Adrienne will be out there about 4:40pm and we will go over and see where she lives - she actually lives two streets down on the same side of the road as the house was - she says sometimes if she is not paying attention she pulls into Schelin and then realizes she is on the wrong road :) so dinner - I think Adrienne and Rainey are planning on going to a movie on Saturday night - Sunday is book club - Adrienne has Sunday off and her regular days off are Monday and Tuesday- We are leaving on Wednesday night  super late - so we have lots of days- Rainey has testing on Tuesday and Wednesday and we are meeting with Tricia on MOnday - get her work permit paperwork filled out- I am meeting with my  professor in Anchorage on Monday as well to go over my paper- Rainey has a few chapters in our book club book for Sunday - It is called Code Girls and something about the war and women being hired to work on secret codes - Sunday morning - we will need to get breakfast and then I have to buy my stuff for book club - I am appetizers - I am always appetizers - now that I don't live there - but I just thought about it- since Adrienne has an apartment I could actually cook something and bring it to book club this time.
I have not spoken to baby since Tuesday night - Adrienne got the daytime shift and cannot find a babysitter in Eagle River for just a Wed and Thursday - they either want Tuesday / Thursday or Monday/Wednesday/ Friday and so she has to take him to town on Tuesday night and then pick him up on Sunday at 4:30 pm after work until she can get that worked out which is going to be a week or more. We will have him on  that Saturday morning until Wed night and drop him off with Jess before we leave - so that will be a nice long visit. I plan on being back up there on May 5th for graduation - and then we are taking our girls trip for my graduation and Nancy birthday - going to be driving along the coast in California - for 5 days - should be lots of fun - Gail and Nancy's daughter will be joining us - so we will do finalizing of that trip at book club - so then homeschool -another favorite subject of mine -
We are 3 weeks into the next quarter which starts on March 18th - I should be able to get another week done before it starts - maybe - I can set Rainey up with computer stuff while I work on my paper - so I think we are fine there- I still have to spend 650.00 on materials in the next month or so to be reimbursed or it goes away - I am thinking of getting 6th grade stuff because we continue through the summer - so that is about it for now- I am excited to talk to Mister tonight. On Tuesday he talked to us for almost 2 hours. He wanted to watch Rainey do her stuff and me cook and then we went outside and took a walk and showed him the flowers and the trees - - I have started exercising - I get in my 10,000 steps a day on the treadmill - Today was 10 days in a row- I am trying to be in better shape for the trip with the girls in May - but it is hard to add it into an already packed schedule so a lot of times it is 10 min here and 10 min there - but at least it is getting done - ok - well I need to get immersed in the South in the New Nation 1789-1819 after I set Rainey up with some Bitz Box fun!! Talk to you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home