Tuesday..no wait.. it is Wednesday
I think I am losing track of my days. Sunday was not that interesting in Alaska. I had scheduled a meeting -FaceTime with my communications group for 9:30 am- Adrienne had just gotten home at 8am after working all night- she had the roast for book club at her house in the crockpot. I needed to get breakfast for everyone but first I needed coffee- so I left about 7 to run to Starbucks to get Tom and I coffee- I remember the ice puddles in the parking lot fascinated me. I was crunching them and remembering doing that when I was a kid waiting for the school bus. Anyway I got the coffee and decided to take a drive to the old neighborhood - that is where I got the picture of the moose - he was just down a bit from the house. I really don't have any feelings about the house - it is super strange to see another house on Lot 3 but they have done a really nice job and it looks good- the old house looks the same - just memories as I drive down the road- then off to Mcdonald's to bring back for breakfast- then the class- thing but I was going to do it at Carrs because I needed to get some gravy packets but realized that I could not do Face Time on my phone without Wifi so I quickly realized that Mcdonald's had Wifi so that worked out good but only one person showed up so we decided to move the meeting - then a flood of text messages between everyone -that I could not get to until I got home on Thursday morning and sat down to go through them all- pain in my bazooka- Adrienne showed up to go to Book club - we went in the Terrain- Not even going to go into how dirty it was - even Baby said he wanted to go in Gwma's "clean" car! so off to Darlene's house we went - it was to start at 11:30 but we got there around 11:50 - dragging in all of our stuff- and it was a lot of stuff- not to mention Nancy had brought all my stuff from the store - so lots of stuff - that is important in a minute - the concept of all these buckets of "stuff" - nice dinner- I did the roast -main meal - Diana did a good green salad - Nancy was appetizers - we did the book - Rainey did a great job on her chapter !! we visited for a bit and then baby got a nose bleed and not just a little one but a huge one and it would not stop - it was almost gushing out - so we quickly gathered up what we could - leaving all the other "stuff' in our rush to get out of there- Adrienne was covered in blood - we got in the car and were trying to figure out where to take him - we were in Peter's Creek- so we headed towards the valley and it stopped - completely- nothing - she called the Providence help line and talked to the nurse and she said that happens this time of year - and Darlene's house was super dry which could have led to it - but she told us what to check for and we bought a humidifier for the hotel room and some other suggestions but he was fine and so we got back to the hotel room around 5:30 pm - We decided to make it easy on ourselves and just order pizza for everyone to the hotel room and Jordan came over to visit and that was Sunday -
Monday - Adrienne was supposed to pick us (Rainey and I up ) at 6:50 so we could be at Midas for the oil change right at 7:30 but she forgot to set her alarm and so I decided we could just meet there and drop off the Terrain and instead of waiting do other errands and come back for it when it was done- but first I had to run it through the car wash - 16.00 for a mediocre car wash - what the heck - no wonder all the cars are filthy up there - then we went to Freddys to buy food for her -and snacks and goodies for baby - we dropped it all off at her apartment - took quite a few trips up those stairs - but I did get to see her apartment - it is big and bright and roomy- I was happy I got to see where I talk to them at because now it is different perspective since I saw the layout. Today we had our meeting with Tricia at noon- wow- today was a big day- I think I will just tell you about the Tricia meeting and wait for the rest - We were there an hour and a half. Rainey did the math test and tested in the 98th percentile of all 5th graders and it was a timed 8 minute test. Tricia is just blown away by how "off the charts" she is - as she likes to say- then they did reading which again at 5th grade level was so high they did not have a score- so they moved up to 6th grade and 7th grade and 8th grade and all so high no score and finally she got into the score in 9th at above proficient -so it was pretty fun to watch- and her composure and communication skills are so amazing - and she looked so mature and polished - I did not realize how she looks because I see her all the time down here dressed a bit above a regular kid but up there it was super apparent - she looked like a model from New York or something- anyway it was fun - We love Tricia- we made our meeting to meet up the end of August for our first meeting of 6th grade so that we can all go to the fair - this will be baby's first time at the fair as a toddler so we are looking forward to that time- ok. well it is 8:30 am and that is when we are starting our school day instead of 9 am because Rainey has her big movie shooting production with her friends and she wants to be done by 2:30 so she can go over the script, clothing and props she said. She got a new camcorder in yesterday and she has been practicing using it- I also need to help her set up the tripod and lights - I will make a note to start after Tricia on Monday - :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home