Friday, August 8, 2014

August 8th

1. We have a summer helper who has mainly been doing yard work but sometimes helps me in the house or rather we were working on the storage room, Adrienne's old room and the cabin this summer trying to get it all cleaned and organized but I am digressing he was gone while I was gone and so when I got home yesterday it was still a mess from the party. Luckily he showed up right before we left and I had put together a pretty extensive list of work to do while we are gone this time. I mainly just need the yard picked up and everything put back where it goes and then the kitchen fixed and put back to normal with some dish washing, trash emptying, floor sweeping and mopping, counter top cleaning. The idea is that when I walk in on Sunday night after a long day I want to come into a clean kitchen.

2. Now step 2 is my job and so on Monday after Rainey has her hair cut at 10:00 am I am going  to put away all the suitcases, wash all the clothes (and put them away - that's the key :) and then clean the upstairs living room, bedroom, and bathroom so that it fairly sparkles and shines. With the party and two trips all within a week it looks pretty bad up there. Almost like a tornado swirled through it and believe me it needs some assistance.

3. Then on Tuesday  before my acupuncture appt I am going to clean and organize my office. It is filled with boxes some empty and some with stuff in them still. I know that sounds strange but I ordered so much stuff for the party that I could not get to all of it so it is just all in a pile. I want to get all the filing done and paperwork organized and just generally get it put back together and maybe buy some organizing structures? I may even want to move it around a bit to be more workable. I put it the way it is now so that Rainey would have a nice long table to play at and do her writing and drawing and creating but it just seems to attract "stuff" and then I have to de clutter it and then there is more stuff so I need to reorganize and get the situation under control. So, that is Tuesday.

4. Wednesday we have free right now :) go figure. Well actually I am wrong, no I am right we do have Wed free but I forgot about dance class on Monday evening and then our fall soccer program starts this week and the first practice is on Tuesday. I think maybe Rainey and I will go do something fun the day before school starts. At any rate it is open at this point.

5. Wow, I am surprised that Rainey is sleeping so late this morning. Tom has already left to go skydiving and I am just waiting for her to wake up so we can get ready for our day. I realize we did not get to bed until 2 am but usually she is up when we wake up. I am just going to let her sleep until she is ready to wake up. Then we are going to be doing school shopping while we are down here.Rainey and I do like to shop !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home