Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 7th

I am in the middle of packing for our trip to Phoenix today but Rainey is in the bathtub and my clothes are in the dryer and I have a few minutes to wait and thought I would blog for a few minutes. It is really nice to be home. Home for less than 12  hours but home nonetheless and it feels good. It was nice to land in Anchorage, get off the plane, wait for our one small bag, look in the oversize area where the car seat comes out and head down to the garage to get into our car and head home. You know Oregon is really a nice state and so is Washington but wow Alaska in the summer is soooo amazing. When we come over the crest by Eklutna and the whole valley opens up and the mountains are all around you it is pretty spectacular. It is awesome to pull in your own driveway and go inside and feel comforted with the familiar surroundings. Even if your house still looks like a birthday party puked inside of it :)

I am sitting upstairs looking out into the yard and the trees are moving with a slight breeze,, the air feels so refreshing upstairs. I took a shower, then Rainey had a bath and now it is Tom's turn before I close the last suitcase. Ok. well I need to finish up and leave hopefully my clothes are dry and Rainey lets me style her  hair before saying "enough" !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home