Thursday, March 27, 2014

Signs of Spring

Ok. I broke down and started decorating for Easter. It looks spectacular !! I love purples, pinks, yellows, light blues, and light greens (in moderation). I went to Joanns yesterday and bought some new silk flowers. They have got some incredible silk flowers. Well, actually now I have some incredible silk flowers. I thought I bought enough to put together four vases but. after I got them all done I discovered I  only had enough for two very large, very pretty flower arrangements. Then I bought some Easter grass and put it in the vase along with the white glass beads and it looks very Easter. I am thinking of some balloon arrangements in all the bright colors for the one corner of the kitchen but I have not been into the party store in town to look for Easter decorations and I might just pop in there this weekend. I actually have a princess dress up dress that Rainey wanted the last time we were there (it was not cheap, expensive enough for me to take the time to return it) which is a side note. At any rate they usually have a good amount of holiday decorations. I know I have more than I found the other day down in the storage room but since I can barely move in the storage room I am sure that I am not going to find them this year.


Returning things- I am very lazy about returning items that do not fit. I either save them for gifts or give them to the girls. If something is too long it goes to Renae and to small it goes to Adrienne. Works out pretty good for us. I also save things until I can fit into them :) Maybe that is why I cant move around in my closet AND have 10 buckets stacked in front of it full of clothes. Then onto the storage room. Going to be organizing it this summer. I need to hire some help. I usually have a relative help me when she needs some funds but she has two jobs right now that pay well and I have not heard from her since December 29th. I am pretty hard on my help. I guess you have to be desperate to help me :) We just have so much to lift and carry and organize and move around that it can be overwhelming.


Sounds like the garbage man is here or rather gone now :) We have a dumpster in front of the house and we started out with a dump once every two weeks but with everyone living here we ended up having to stage trash (putting it in the bay until the morning of the pickup and then put a huge amount in with the lids practically up) and decided to have it done once a week but since it is just Tom, myself and Rainey we do not have that much garbage and I keep meaning to move it back to every other week but then we talk about summer and yard work and we dump the grass in the dumpster which fills it up in the summer so I guess we will just keep it the way it is. Truth be told I do not think about the dumpster all that often :)


Rainey was awesome at her first basketball practice. Simply awesome. She has improved and I mean really improved. She dribbles consistently and she just did so good at the first practice. The coach is coaching both a boys K-2 and a girls K-2 with 10 on each team. She has them both at practice along with three teenage helpers. It is pretty darn organized. I was impressed. The first game is this Saturday. So, looking forward to it. I will post pictures of Miss B playing. I think I mentioned I have her signed up for outdoor rec soccer starting in June and a week long soccer camp. I am trying to find some activities for her to do this summer so we can have some structure to our summer. I know I want to head up to Fairbanks for my birthday in June. Not sure if we are going to drive or fly but if Tom goes we will end up flying. I prefer the summer drive to Fairbanks. It is a super beautiful drive. I like to have my birthday dinner at Pikes Landing. Delicious.


We are headed off to Phoenix next weekend for a few days. Tom has not jumped since the end of July and is eager to get back in the air. I am eager to enjoy some warm weather after a cold winter. It is nice but still chilly outside.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home