Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Interesting

I got a phone call this afternoon from a hospital in Florida. It was their family services department looking for any family of Hank. Apparently he cannot make decisions and they need to decide whether to put a feeding tube in  him (more than a feeding tube something called a PEG) and send him back to the nursing home or let him go to Hospice and pass away peacefully. Hmmm. Why are they calling me? or why are the doing  a search for relatives? wouldn't the nursing home have all his information on file ? and then wouldn't they give that to the hospital? and or if he does not have any children listed than wouldn't the nursing  home make these decisions? It is very strange. I told him that he could call me back tomorrow if he did not have any response from anyone else. I may never hear from the guy again and that would be ok. I do not want to make any decisions about Hank. I have not seen him since mothers funeral. This is very strange to me.


It is also bringing up huge memories of mother. Memories of mother and Hank. Traveling with them. Dragging his cat to Utah. Adrienne spending time with them. Mother being sick. Hank. Mother, Hank. Mother. Such good and bad all tied up in a ball. This was not something I wanted to think about today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home