Wednesday
1. I started back tanning today. I do not like to tan in the winter (which is strange since that is when one needs to tan) because it is dark and cold and every time I pass the place and think I should stop and go in and tan I always pass it because it is dark, cold and miserable. The other thing is that they like you to take off your shoes and in the spring and summer I wear slip on shoes and so its really easy to just slip them off when I go in and then back on when I come out but in the winter you have to untie your shoes and then put them back on 5 minutes later which is a pain to me for some reason. So, I am going to tan for the next 17 days until we leave for Arizona. I go in the high power stand up one and it can really kick you in the butt if you do too much before getting a base. The maximum is 9 minutes and so today I started out at 5 minutes but kept on my shirt mainly because my legs are the ones that need the super time to get tan and torso, neck and face not so much and so then I cover up my face with the towel for 3 of the 5 minutes and then let it down. I will do this for about five visits and then will go ahead from there. I like organized plans !!
2. Then I had acupuncture. I love acupuncture. I have not been in two weeks because I have been doing really good except for my back has been killing me for the past week and I needed to get that cleared up and he got it fixed and I feel much better. Next apt in two weeks.
3. Somebody bought lot 6 and are getting ready to build a house on it. When we first came out here they wanted to sell all the lots to one person. Lots 1-6 but the house was on lot 4. So originally we bought lot 4 and 5 and then a year later lot 3 and then about a year after that someone bought 1 and built a house but we still have lot 2 between us and then our lot 3 has nothing on it so it is a good buffer but then they called and asked if we wanted 6 and I said No. Not only No but hell No. So, someone bought it about 3 years ago and just used it as an access to the lake for their float plane and it was no big deal. Then on Sunday out comes this huge machine (no idea what it is called) and they started digging so Tom went over to talk with them and they bought it a year ago from the other people and are building a house. Now we still have lot 5 with nothing on it between our house and there lot but there lot is really tiny and so they have to cut down some trees to get there house to fit and so the landscaping has been slowly changing this week. I really am happy that we are going to have someone over there because truth be told this can be a really scary place in the dark of winter when I am home by myself. We have cameras up everywhere but back in January I noticed some foot steps in the snow one morning and so we looked on the camera and some people were at our door trying to open it and looking in the windows. So, I am happy that we will have neighbors on that side. :)
4. Cut and highlight tomorrow on my hair. It is getting gray and needs to be done. I have mentioned over and over that I really dislike having my hair done but it is a necessary evil. I need to get Rainey in to get hers trimmed this weekend. I usually entice her with a pedicure after the hair cut. The only issue is she has to let me cut her toe nails before we go and she is terrified of having her toe nails cut and it is a horrible experience for both of us and so I put if off. One time I trimmed them while she was sleeping and I tried to do that again but discovered it did not work well in the dark mornings :) and so now that the sun is coming up earlier and earlier I might be able to do it that way again.
5. Basketball practice starts on Monday the 24th and the first game is on Saturday the 29th. One girl from her last team will be on it again and then a girl in her class at school and one of the Girl Scouts is joining this time around. She is very excited and so are we because it was such a blast watching her and the team play basketball.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home