House buying
Whew this house buying has been a pain but I think we have finally decided to pick one and stick with it. The last one had a ton of problems which we found out about after a home inspection and the pool was a real issue and so we are back to the original one that I went down to look at a few weeks ago. I really like the house it has good points and others that I am not thrilled with but at this point we have decided we are not going to get everything on our list and so we have to pick the main points and get those and then let some others go.
Positive points
1. It is on a corner lot
2. It has a great deck off the master on the 2nd floor
3. It is only one block from an awesome park with a great playground
4. It is in a really nice neighborhood with other houses that look the same ( well, they all look the same down there but you know what I mean)
5. It has a pool
6. It has green grass in the backyard ( it is fake which is fine for us)
7. It has a covered patio with a fan
8. Tile everywhere there is not carpet and I love the carpet
9. Large master bathroom with a garden tub and a wonderful window over the tub
10. Granite in the kitchen and wonderful backsplash.
11. Super stairway with the wrought iron railing that I like
Negative
1. Only 2 car garage
2. No hot tub
3. would have liked 5 bedrooms vs only 4 bedrooms
4. I am not hot on the loft. I am not sure why people put in a loft area upstairs vs a bedroom. It seems like wasted space to me but whatever we are going for it and I am sure I will figure out what to do with it. It actually has two built in desks side by side and those will come in handy upstairs but I have also thought of putting in a big, comfy couch like we have in the family room here and make it into a sort of rec area for just reclining and enjoying oneself. But that seems strange when we also have a formal living room area and a family room off the kitchen.
So, there you have it .. the positive and negatives.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home