Home
for a short time at least. I was exausted yesterday but am starting to feel much better, awake and refreshed. Houston was non stop go, go go. We left on Wed night and I got up at 4 am that morning to get stuff done. I got 4 hours of sleep before heading to the airport. We got down there at 4:25 pm and had to go to the Kinkos and then over to the hotel by that time it was 6:30 pm and Mother Ruth and Sue were expecting us at 7 pm so off we went to visit .. got back to the hotel around 10 pm and went straight to bed. The alarm went off at 6 am becuase we needed to leave by 7 am to get to the skydiving place ( an hour away) after I dropped off Tom to skydive I headed and hour and 20 minutes over to the outlet mall and did some shopping. Hour and 20 minutes back and he still had one more jump to make. By the time we left it was 3:30 with the one hour drive back to the motel. They were expecting us at 6 pm which meant leaving by 5:30 but I layed down for 15 minutes and did not get up until 5:42 (uh oh) so off we went to get there. We were only an hour late :) Scott and Sylvia were there from Mississippi (Toms sister) and Charles and Janice from Alabama (Toms uncle and aunt. ) We had a great dinner, lots of visiting and were back at the hotel by 10 pm.
Saturday we were going to meet Scott and Sylvia for lunch around noon so off I went to the mall next to us. About 10:45 my phone started ringing. It was Tom saying that Scott and Sylvia were 5 min away!!!!! WHAT.... I was in the middle of the mall, I had not showered yet,nor had I picked up the hotel room :( good lord... at any rate I curtailed my shopping and headed back.. we went to Red Lobsters for lunch. Then Charles and Janice had asked us to come visit before the party so off we went 30 minutes to Mother Ruth and Sues to visit everyone and stayed for 2 hours and drove 30 minutes back to the hotel to get ready to go to the birthday party on Lake Houston which started at 7 pm. We were back by 10:30 but again had to be up and out the door by 7 am to get to skydiving by 8 am.
Tom skydived all day Sunday 8 am till 6:30 pm. We finally had to leave because were were meeting Mother Ruth and Sue, Charles and Janice at 7:30 at Pappas (a seafood restaraunt Mother Ruth loves) I spend the day in Galveston having a grand time.
Monday the plan was to pack up before we left the hotel. Leave at 7 am get to skydiving at 8 am. I was going to go back down to Galveston to swim and play in the water and leave by 2 pm to drive the hour back to skydiving to get Tom and then we were going to drive the hour to the airport and leave Houston at 5:30 pm.
The night before Mother Ruth had asked me to come have lunch with them on Monday (it was her actual birthday) and so I was going to drive one hour to get to skydiivng and then an hour and half back to Mother Ruths for lunch and then an hour and half back to get Tom and then an hour to the airport. About 2 am I woke up and could not get back to sleep. Finally at 5 am when the alarm went off I told Tom I was exhausted and needed more sleep and could he forego skydiving for sleep and work? he said yes and so we went back to sleep until 9 am ( that tells you how tired I was ) then up , shower and off to lunch (Tom stayed and worked) then back to pack and off to the airport. The plane was 2 hours late leaving Houston because someone on the incoming flight had a heart attack and they had to make an emergency landinng in Amarillo before coming into Houston. It was a long, long 7.5 flying home skirting thunderstorms the whole way. We got home about 1:30 in the morning and back out to the valley at 3 am.
Whew... glad we only have to do that once a year. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home