Thursday, December 31, 2020

December 31st

 When I logged on here and it said that the last post was November 1st - I was in a bit of shock- I have not posted anything on here in two months! Wow. 




























I went to put in some Christmas pictures and I found this file/album and wanted to have some of these pictures in here for when I print out my blog for the year into the hardback book. So as you can see most of those were from December of 2014 and maybe a bit of fall in Alaska - like the apple from our apple tree - 







Still trying to find those Christmas Pictures - some more good memories - that I want in the book- 




























OK - I found the Christmas Pictures - Well we are getting better - I think it will be a few weeks before we have lots of energy back - but each day is progress - Rainey and I are in the middle of a huge project - She wants to WIN Battle of the Books this year for the district - well it would be here group of three girls - but in order to WIN we have to go back and reread all 10 books - we are going chapter by chapter and working on writing out questions that might seem inconsequential but could very well be one of the questions - these questions can be really hard - they have all the librarians in the district read the books and then write out quite a few questions for each book so they can be an easy no brainer one or they can be a WHAT? What book would that have been in ? and you only have like 2 minutes to come up with the answer - so our plan is to go chapter by chapter and write at least 5 questions each for a chapter so we can make sure that we are getting every possible odd ball fact or color or anything - that could be asked - one of the questions on the test had to do with a kid eating french fries - that Rainey had no idea about and missed so we are getting down to the nitty gritty - the challenge is that I have about 300 chapters to go over - we are typing them into Kahoot so that we can play the game and keep remembering as we go along - so that is going to be our January - we hope to be done by the 1st so she can just test over and over - 1st of Feb - the battle takes place on the 4th of Feb  - Rainey did well on Christmas - she says her top two gifts were here earbuds or pods whatever they are called - they are bluetooth and pretty cool - and then her Ukelele - she plays it for her rabbits - so yesterday I went and picked her up a Fitbit at Target so that she could start being aware of her activity levels - I think we tend to become pretty unactive up here in the winter - sleeping in - taking naps - going to bed early - not much daily exercise - with outdoor activities - so I have been working on getting the garage set up for exercise and we are going to start working out - - not much going on today - we are told that we are no longer contagious - we were ok about two weeks ago according to Tom doctor and the health people- we were at the end of it when we tested - which is what I thought - we just got tested because of Jess having it - at least we know we have had it - so that is good news - but we would have been contagious back at the beginning of December - or first week in according to our symptoms - just that cough and being tired - sometimes a headache but not all the time - I started ordering from QVC again over Christmas - I used to love QVC and stopped for quite a few years - but - at anyrate they had the cutest Denim & Co terry jacket zip up with a hood and the hood has a floral design in it - for added zip - it is actually cute - I got it in the sage - I love wearing the color sage - so am looking forward to that arriving - I took advantage of an after Christmas clearance sale at Nordstrom Rack for Rainey - I got 42 items and they were all 14.oo and under - so happy about that - well - this is it for the end of the year - wanted to get one more post in - I am going to work on my goals now - :0 Happy New Year !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home