July 13th
Mother would have been 80 today- I knew that today was her birthday but not that she would be 80- I found that from an Email that Diana sent to me this morning - Well- we had the 4th of July - hard to believe but it was slightly miserable because of the heat- seriously - so hot- we found a tent type of covering that everyone gathered under- we even brought out a fan using the extension cord - I kept the sprinkler going and every once in a while go soak my feet and legs- I think at one point it was 82 degrees which is mucho hot up here - then the next day it was back in the 60's and wonderful - so we did sleep outside in the tents - it was also miserable ----- I had a blow up mattress and without it there was no way I could have slept outside - and then throw in the daylight and the fireworks until 2 in the morning - but I made it - until 6:30 am and I figured that I could say I had spent the night in the tent - :) I made a huge breakfast and we ate down by the fire so like a camping breakfast - then Jordan/Rainey/ Barry/ Tom and I went for a drive up to Hatchers - we got Subway and were going to have a picnic - but it was so darn windy up there - and chilly - so we decided to go up the road that goes around the mountain and ends up in Willow - and see if we could find a less chilly spot for our lunch - it was a dirt road with lots of bumps - but the view was incredible up there - at one point we stopped and it was 56 degrees- it was funny because I got a text from Adrienne reminding me to put suntan lotion on Barry since it was so warm outside and I said - not where we are !! we actually never found Raineys " perfect picnic spot" but finally I found a spot to pull over - holy smokes the mosquitos were crazy - Barry decided he had to go poop - the sandwiches were soggy - and Rainey was convinced that if we just would have waited we would have found a better spot - Barry refers to that day as the day we went on an adventure that really wasn't an adventure !! needless to say I was asleep at 7 pm that night and slept for almost 12 hours - We had Tom's birthday- Adrienne and Barry were gone so we also celebrated on Sunday - I bought Krispy Kreme for breakfast - then we had Cerris at 1pm and her singing lesson at 2:30 to 4 pm then we took a drive - we like to take a drive two or three times a week in the afternoon - gets us out and about and gives us a chance to explore and see areas we may or may not be interested in down the road - we picked up Basil Ginger for dinner - Rainey loves their chicken rice and sesame chicken and so I got one each of those for her and Tom to share and then I got the meal which comes with an egg roll and won ton soup and my Mongolian Beef and gave Tom my egg roll and soup - we have learned how to order so we don't have a ton of left overs- then we watched Parent Trap - so a good day - On Saturday we had our first golf lesson over in Palmer - and then had lunch at Evangelos - Tom and I had a can of soup for dinner - super full from lunch and Rainey had her leftovers so that was a pretty easy dinner - Sunday we had golf practice - Jordan asked to go with so we piled him in the car - it was so windy - we have learned that in Palmer you have to go before noon - Rainey had put on a cute golf dress - it was longer and decent but no shorts - with the wind blowing it was a problem (smiling) so we had to get her a pair of pants from the pro shop - and I wasn't hitting as well as I should have been - with the wind blowing - we did run into Rainey's art teacher Roy Stone who is working there this summer so that was fun - then home - We had a pink pig cake for Tom - it was pretty cute and tasted delicious - we also had Pizza when Adrienne and Barry got home - and sang happy birthday - only one more birthday coming up - well except for today which was Mother's birthday - so we need to leave in about 30 minutes for golf lesson - Rainey already did her Minecraft Outschool Zoom class this morning - took a shower and is dressed in her "golf attire" - then at 5pm Rainey and I are meeting Nancy and Gerri for dinner at Evangelos and then going to a painting class- so that sounds like fun - and that is all she wrote folks !

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home