Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June 30th

Last day of June- fast forward 6 months and it will be the end of December- Look at how fast the last day of June got here- My favorite time of year is fall in Alaska so I am looking forward to that - normally I would be looking forward to the Fair but that is cancelled this year -So I am not sure about our music teacher ( I am giving her the benefit of the doubt) that is what I tell Rainey because I know Rainey really likes her and she is a great teacher but I am thinking she is a bit on the flaky side - so We were going to classes on Friday until the Covid and then in March we tried zoom but that did not work for Rainey so nothing until May -then her place in Eagle River -and then at the beginning of June she said she had a spot at a church in Palmer - so we head to the church on the 5th then the next Thursday night (11th) she says she has a fishing charter the next day - so we cancel and set it up for Sunday the 14th - then I plan my whole day on Sunday around 2:30 when at 1:00 she asks if we can come at 2:00 since someone cancelled - which I did - then on Friday the 19th she sends a text message at noon asking if we can come early since she had some cancellations - but I told her we could not because Rainey had Cerris from 1-2 each Friday and I planned it around her music lesson time - then when we got there she said  she had to cut it short - holy smokes! then on Friday the 26th we are headed over there - about 2 minutes from the church when she texts and says they are having an event at the church and we have to cancel - but she will give me two classes - I say OK and ask about the recital on Wednesday the 1st - (Friday at 2:30 pm) no answer all weekend - the relatives like to plan and know what they are doing on Wednesday and nothing so finally yesterday I asked and she said there would not be one on Wednesday that because we (the group) had spent over $700 on food at the last one and tipped less than 10% she had to cover the tip -what they felt was deserved-I guess from her food budget and she cannot afford  for that too happen again - I am not sure if I talked about any of that but the service is TERRIBLE and why are we supposed to tip for TERRIBLE service ? now I understand if she asked us as parents to provide 10-20 dollars towards the person setting up and taking down the room for us but paying for no service - is a bit hard to swallow- and since the group tipped less than 10% the other parents must have felt the same - I actually tipped 15% and figured it out on my calculator - and Nancy was the same - even though her salad did not get served until after her main course - and the show was over by the time I got my food - and it was a mess - I wrote down that they needed more than one waiter - anyway - I sent her an email suggesting all of this - but did not  hear anything back - and I have seen her multiple times - anyhoo - I had a really good birthday - Rainey bought me a tent- I was so surprised - I have been wanting to get a tent all summer to put out in the yard - I put it up yesterday and the kids and I spent about four hours out in it having fun - now if it would just rain :) a super cute travel bag from Target - the brand that I like - I usually get a new one once a year but did not yet this year so that was super nice and finally a white t shirt with eyelet sleeves - we had a great time at Darlene's house - enjoyed fresh salmon - so apparently it is going to be 70 on Saturday with no rain - I guess the 4th of July is going to happen  here - I'm watching Barry do the exercises like the characters on the tv - it is so funny - to watch him try to follow them - he just said "Grandma this is not learning me " I tell him he has to watch educational shows in the morning - Our Western Civ course is going good - we are halfway through - we made it to Rome - I want to stop for a bit and do some in depth studying before moving on - maybe look at my Bookshark Material and see what  we can add to enhance learning - Now Rainey just came out - I let her sleep in this morning - she had to get up early yesterday for an online course she is taking on Monday mornings - through a program called Outschool - Barry leaves on Thursday - I think they are going camping and so Jess said they would be passing by here on Saturday evening and could drop Barry off early - I think we are going to attempt to sleep outside in the tent on the 4th of July- Ok well time to get our day going -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home