Tuesday, August 11, 2020

August 11th

 Nothing unusual about August 11th except for Tom has a hair appointment with Teresa-I wasn't going to go but then decided it would be fun to get a cup of coffee from Starbucks and drive around a bit - it is overcast and raining today which is my absolute favorite day - so... the other day Tom was coming home and the owners dad was in the front yard by the street pulling weeds - Tom went out to talk to him and apparently he was not overly friendly - which is usual because he is normally really nice - when he told me about it - I was a bit surprised because I had no idea we were supposed to be pulling weeds in that area along the road in front of the house - personally I did not even pay any attention to their being weeds there until that time - I thought it was just part of the road and Alaskan foliage - I did know we were in charge of mowing - and Tom had mowed several times this summer- but it was needing it again - he said that the backyard was too much for him and we needed to find someone to mow - in the meantime - this is taking place in a two day time span - I get an Email from the property management company saying that the owner is going to be in town and wants to come see the house - WHAT? and that in the next week the owner would be hiring someone to "clean" up the property and not to wonder if strange people were on the property- at that point I figured out that the dad must have been upset about the weeds - why they wanted to come inside I did not know but at any rate - since we did not have someone to mow I said that I would add weed pulling and mowing to my already giant list of things to do - I was really mad - I pay a huge amount of rent - and now I have to make their yard look pristine - are you kidding me? so I sent the text to the property management lady - I would add it to my homeschooling, golf lessons, singing lessons, cleaning, cooking, watching my four year old grandson, doing all the business stuff - having NO time for myself already but will add this to everything else- about 20 minutes later Tom gets a call from the brother who lives next door and says he would be happy to mow the larger area with his riding lawn mower - and was over in 10 minutes mowing - hmmmm I must have gotten my point across ! but I still have the owner coming over tomorrow. They gave me until the 12th so I said the 12th - I have been cleaning and organizing and it is not like it is a bad thing but having to be forced is upsetting and my back hurts and so I am not a pristine person - I do the best I can but now I feel forced to make it look nice and this is a big house for one person - so I have been doing about 3 hours a day and have a lot today and tomorrow morning - then to top it all off on Sunday morning I left the garage about 9 am to go to Fred Meyers - mind you we still do not have a garage door opener so everytime I leave Tom has to shut the door from the top of the stairs and when I come home I have to call to have him open it back up for me - I have programmed his name into my phone as "garage door opener Tom" so it upsets me everytime I come and go- I have to put my mirrors in and out ect so there I am having just pulled out of the garage , putting my seatbelt on , putting the mirrors out - my window is down and I am saying cuss words - CUSS WORDS- to myself - well outloud to myself and they were not pleasant ones about the garage and I happen to glance out and there is a woman in my yard - doing something by the rocks - and she looks at me and says hello and I say hello and drive off but I was MORTIFIED!!  are you kidding me - now I cannot even cuss in my own yard - she was there all day cutting tree branches - all over the yard - it made me feel like a terrible renter - we have never rented where there was not a service - this is crazy- Courtney -(property lady) said it was her fault for not going over what they expected in detail - but as far as she is concerned if we mow she is fine with that - anyway -so there is that - Adrienne moved out on Thursday - meaning she took herself - she did come get some stuff on Saturday but not much - I am not even going into that area- her room and Barry's and her bathroom - I don't care and I am not going to be responsible for that area of the house - I am just going to tell the lady that was Adrienne's area and there you have it - then in the spare room downstairs - after camping on July 4th - Adrienne brought her stuff in the house but only into that room so it is full of her tent, sleeping bags, clothes etc... again I am not touching that stuff - it bothers me how much stuff is around and that only I am putting stuff where it goes - she has not lifted a finger to help me in this house.. - but that is all I am going to say about that - it does feel good to get this down on the computer - I will type about Rainey's party in a little while - after cleaning :) I am so going to rent a one story house - if the choice is available - otherwise two with the bedrooms upstairs - but please let their be a nice one story for rent in October - 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home