Happy November 1st to me!
Well- we made it - finished at 4pm yesterday - still have some stuff in the back of the Terrain to unload in the garage today but other than that it is done, finished, over- and I am thrilled - so you would have thought that an entire month would have been a huge amount of time to move out but not for us- We came over and rented the house on the 3rd and did the walk through - went home and I had book club on the 4th so after book club on the 4th we picked up Jordan and brought him over to the house to see it- that is when Tom saw that the ceiling in the garage was leaking - the bathroom was above it and apparently when the realtor flushed the toilet on her walk through it started to leak - so Tom let her know about it- the 5th-Friday the 9th nothing was done - she said she was trying to get the insurance on the house to pay for it and they were out of state and not responding so by Friday she said she would call it an emergency and send someone out on Monday to repair it- in the meantime we discovered that the heater in the garage was not working either and she insisted that she had just had it serviced and had the receipts to prove it - so that was a back and forth - and finally she sent someone on the heat and guess what - it had not been serviced - she had been charged but the guy had not done the work - he is not working at that company anymore - so I think it was the 13th that the water leak was fixed - then on the 14th the ceiling people came in-so in the meantime we are not sure if we are even going to be moving into this house - The water was turned off until the 13th and we were trying to paint Rainey's room- with no water - and she was not getting the right color so all through that week I would be at Lowes getting samples - then picking Jordan up after work running over here then back to the other house to make dinner - it was crazy- On the 13th Rainey and I went on a hike with the school up to Blueberry Knoll - little did I know it was up the side of a mountain - I fell hard about 10 minutes in- hurt my arm pretty bad - it was super weak for a few days - hard to turn it and my hand hurt- I used that arm to catch myself - so that did not help things at all - we got the Uhaul on the 13th and had it for 16 days - thank goodness it was reasonable - of course anything after the cost of a Uhaul from California to Alaska will always be reasonable to me !!! but now we are down to only two Sundays the 18th and 25th when Jordan was off work and could really help us - so the 18th went good - I rented a 10 by 25 storage unit - it is full and I mean FULL - and then the garage here is full but I just need to get it put in place around the house so that will be good - then on my last Sunday the 25th I was over at the Naomi house and we were packing up Rainey's rooms when there was a knock on the door - it was the police looking for Tom - who was over here - so I told them he was not home and at the other house and they asked If I would drive over here and they would follow because they needed to talk to him - which I did - about 10:30 in the morning - they told him Canyon had died - so now that was thrown in the mix- I could not stop moving - we still had to be out - I could not think of much this week - I still had to make meals, clean, move - all while being there for Tom and feeling sick about what had happened- not to mention now all of the things I have tried so hard to keep away from us - is a huge part of our daily life- Just yesterday when we were trying to get out of the house - well.. it doesn't matter but just the calls - and all the details and everyone upset - and now they think that maybe he did not kill himself - maybe the lady that he was staying with did... the police don't think that but Krista is making a big stink and I don't think she did and it is just making matters so much worse. Kayla came up and is taking care of most everything - they did a GOFUNDME and raised 18,000 dollars in one day for the funeral and costs so that is a relief off of us- he is being cremated so I think everything with the funeral at the funeral home is less than 3,000- but since he is going back to the Coroners on Monday- I am not sure if they are still on track for a Saturday funeral and then I think there is something about a vigil at Kinkaid park but not sure on that one- 35 people can be at the funeral with covid rules - and it is getting bad up here with covid - so now I have to worry about Tom and being out - it's just too much - but the house is done and it is November 1st - we were supposed to have Darlenes birthday here before all this happened but she is having it at here house - so Rainey and I are going over there for a few hours - it will be good to be out for a bit and just relax- I am just so darn sad - for everyone - but life has to keep going- Rainey passed out candy in downtown Palmer on Friday for an hour and a half for her school club which she is head of- I think I mentioned she is student body president - she and the Assistant Principal were the main ones - I was parked nearby waiting in the car with the heat on - it was 11 degrees yesterday - so darn cold - anyway I am happy with my new home - it is so cheery and cozy - and reasonably priced :) which adds to my happiness !!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home