November 7
Wow, what a journey this past few days has been. I am sitting in my bedroom in Alaska looking out the windows at the beautiful trees, the roof of the cabin with snow on top of it and the fading sun. It is so cold outside- I am not used to being cold anymore and it feels like I have been perpetually cold this entire visit... I finally turned up the heat in the bedroom because I am freezing and need to thaw out a bit... I have put a lot of work into lot 3 ... the shed had to come down, the junk around it had to be burned or moved over to the treeline on lot 4 and the rocks and shale.... well, let me tell you moving rocks and shale are a bitch... and I, with helpers spent three days moving it until finally I lost all my helpers and had to tell the realtor that I was not moving anymore rocks.... thankfully she agreed. It snowed on Saturday morning.. my first snowfall of the season.. it was pretty magical. Now it is just cold and dark... so dark up here... I got to spend a few hours today with Adrienne and Baby Bear...he had a chiropractic appointment and then we went and had lunch together. He loves his applesauce. I may see them for a bit tomorrow but I am hoping to get out of here soon. I have to be back next weekend but damn I just want to get out of here for a few days and refresh before having to come back up... they started moving equipment on lot 3 this morning.. it records tonight at midnight so this is the last night that we will own lot 3 and I will admit this morning when I saw the equipment coming in that I did shed a few tears.. not really for the lot because it was just land but that we are almost done with living out here and the dismantling of a life and the memories that go with it all are hard. I go through so much stuff and there is something attached to most of it.. and it is hard to say goodbye.. I don't want to take hardly anything away from the house so everything is being gone through and burned, thrown away, sold, or given away.. I just don't want to take it forward in my life. I want to move forward without the baggage from the past and we have so much, so much, so much stuff that we do not need and I don't want to move into a new home bringing it all along... so I am dumping ... big time.. I went to book club yesterday.. it was nice to see everyone... I have been listening to Christmas songs in the car ... it seems like the holidays up here in Alaska.. the cold, the snow... the dark... I need to go out and work on the fire and start accumulating Christmas decorations from the shop that I promised Rainey I would bring back with me...so.. kind of unusual to get a post from up here.. so enjoy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home