Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Update June 29th

As most of you know that read my blog - I had a different blog that was more modern and exciting but it was open to the public and I had no idea how to change it so I will probably still use it but just for  professional stuff on Rainey and not a ton of personal stuff about me. It is hard for me to start typing when I have no idea where I am starting from - I have to have a point and then I can go forward from there so I will start with the birth of baby bear. I knew he was due on the 16th of June but also knew that first babies can take a few extra days so I flew up to Anchorage on the night of the 17th - arrived at 4am - I keep a pillow and blanket  in the back of the truck just in case I need a nap and I really should have stayed in the parking lot at the airport and took a rest but usually on the non  stop I can get 3 or more hours of sleep in during the trip - but even though I was upgraded to First Class I ended up next to a guy who was either nervous or had a disability because he stayed awake the entire time bouncing his legs and then arms on his legs for five entire hours. So, when I got off I felt sleepy but thought it would be fine to make it to my bed so off I go heading out to the valley. Well... about the time I get to Eagle River I start getting sleepy and I thought that I should pull over in the Fred Meyer parking lot and sleep for an hour but then thought that I was almost home and to just keep going... I got to the flats and I was starting to feel really tired like dozing off tired.. I made it to the hospital (about 3 miles from the house) and I literally had to pull over and climb in the back seat and go to sleep- I slept for about 1.5 hours which was enough to get me energized. I then realized that I had to use the bathroom---- holy smokes --as I was driving to the house.. one GREAT thing about Alaska is that you can usually find a spot to use the restroom at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning in the valley :) that accomplished I headed to Fred Meyers to get signs and tape and change - I was having a garage sale that morning starting at 9 am.  I know- crazy- but ... I have help- Jordan-RB dad has been helping me on the weekends in exchange for a visit  to CA to see Rainey. So, that was Saturday the 18th- we had the garage sale- about 6 pm I went to bed- so tired- woke up about 8:30 pm -had a call from Rainey's manager - she was on hold for a Target commercial then I ordered some pizza and went back to sleep- on Sunday morning at 4:30 am I got a call from Jess saying that Adrienne was at the hospital - :) good timing on my  part... but I had the garage sale scheduled for that day and all my helpers, so I took a shower, went to Starbucks to get coffee and a sandwich- came back to the house to ask Jordan if he could manage without me for a while but that I expected to be back out about noon - I headed to Anchorage and got there about 10 am - I thought I would visit for a while and then leave and come back after the baby was born and Adrienne was settled. Well... it did not work out that way at all.. Cindy (Jess's mom) came by to visit for a bit like me but we ended up helping the whole time- We kept continual pressure on her lower back, someone was always rubbing her feet and keeping cold wash cloths on her forehead and neck. We never left. .. Adrienne did not  have an epidural and we were there for everything- It was amazing- I cannot even put it into words.. Baby bear was born at 5:04 pm on Fathers Day - I left  to go back to the valley and see what was happening at the house and to close out the garage sale... that took me till about 7:30 or so and then I headed back to Anchorage to visit with Adrienne and my new grandson. Since Adrienne and Jess have Halen on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and till 5 pm on Wed- Jess had to spend time at the house with Halen and that left me with lots of visiting time because we did not want Adrienne to be alone so we took it in shifts pretty much- I stayed that night until about 1 in the morning and was in my bed about 2 am - it takes about 45 min to an hour to get out to the house from Anchorage. Monday morning I was back at the hospital around 10 and stayed until 4 pm when I needed to go check the mail and do some business in the valley but I was back at the hospital by 7pm and stayed again until midnight ... back to the house.. Tuesday- same thing but I got there at 9 am and they checked out at 3:30- to take baby bear  home... I was so full of happiness and sadness at the same time.. I had spent so much time with them and then they were gone... I cried all the way home.. went to have some dinner at a local Mexican place, talked to Tom and Rainey on the phone for a few hours and went to bed... My phone rang at 5 am - Mom can you come in and help me... :) Yea... I was needed again- They were staying at Adrienne's inlaws while adjusting and because they usually are over there half the week when they have Halen so I spent Wed, Thursday and Friday and Saturday visiting- probably for 5-6 hours a day- the rest of the time I was up cleaning and organizing and going through boxes at the house getting ready for the garage sale. I was going to stay Sat and Sunday and leave Sunday night but my helper had a party to go to on Saturday at 2pm and I could not do it alone so I decided to ditch the garage sale and head back to LA. So, I cleaned up and packed up and headed out to visit Adrienne and baby bear for a few more hours and then headed to the airport. I was back in LA on Sunday morning - early Sunday morning... we were planning on heading up to Alaska for a 10-14 day vacation (vacation at our own house- but you know what I mean ) on July 1-14 ish but Rainey is really busy and so that is not going to work.. and plus she needs to be up there on August 3rd for a school meeting/testing and then we were planning on doing her birthday party on the 4th in Alaska. So... I am heading back up this weekend for the garage sale and more loving on baby bear... don't expect to get much sleep again :) and then the plan is for Jordan to come back down with me for two days to get to visit with Rainey and that is were we are today..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home