October 23
Never mind - decided at the last minute that I did not want to head up to Anchorage tonight for several reasons. Reason 1 - I really did not want to deal with driving in the snow and the first week or so can be a bit slippery until it starts to set in and then it is fine. I know - I have turned into a chicken... which reminds me that the last time I came home I came through PDX and was so surprised at how green the area is- very, very green and pretty... but back to reason 2- I really need to get some cleaning and major organizing done in the apartment down here. I have put it off for months and months and it just has to get done and this is an awesome week to do it in... because we are having a guest next weekend. Jordan is coming down for a few days over Halloween- he has been helping me non stop this summer working his bum off and his reward is a ticket to come visit Rainey for a few days. Reason 3 - I really need to spend some time working with Rainey on school work -we have so and I mean so much stuff right now and we just need some time to open it up and start going through things and enjoying it all... Reason 4- the nonstop flight was full and so I would have to do the leave here and head to Seattle on the last flight out and then wait 2.5 hours for the first flight into Anchorage into the morning. I did that last time and it pretty much sucked... I did discover that laying on the chairs or benches is actually pretty comfortable... but not so comfortable that I want to do it again... and then finally only middle seats open on the way into Anchorage... yuck!!! all so I can go freeze my bazooka off for a few days..
The only downside is not to get to give that sweet baby some loves- one of my favorite things to do up there. We are planning on doing Christmas here.. Rainey has a camp that week before Christmas that ends on Friday the 23rd and they usually go until 6 or 7 pm ... we thought it would be fun to discover Christmas activities in our area. We might head over to Phoenix for New Years but not sure on that ... everything has to do with Rainey's schedule and so it makes it really hard to plan ahead.. We are busy watching Halloween movies this week getting ready for all the fun Halloween activities. On Saturday the 29th we are going out to a Pumpkin Farm and then to the Spooky walk that we did last year and then on Sunday the 30th the complex is having their party for the kids.. it is pretty fun... and they put on a good party for everyone with lots of decorations and candy and prizes... then on Halloween we are going out to the suburbs to have a barbeque with her friend Matthew and his family and the kids are going to go Trick or Treating.. sounds like some Halloween fun...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home