Sunday, September 25, 2016

September 25, 2016

I almost typed 2015 but a year has passed us by since it was September 25 of 2015- you know one thing that I really enjoy is on Facebook when they show us what we were doing on that day one year, two year, three year or more years in the past and it really helps me remember what I was doing on that particular day and gives me some enjoyment of seeing what I was doing in the past. Did not see one yet for today in 2015 but I do remember that I was in Union City, Tenn last year on September 25th for my 30th high school reunion and then on the 26th (Sunday) we had a family reunion at the park and it was good to see relatives from a very long time ago and so I guess I don't need Facebook to help me remember that particular weekend.

Not sure what we are going to be doing for Halloween this year - last year we went to St. George to be with Gail's family - I think the year before we were in Phoenix and the year before St. George- I had wanted to go over to Phoenix to see the new Junie B. Jones play from one of our favorite theatre companies and thought we could tie that in with Halloween but it is getting harder and harder to be gone during the week. Rainey had 8 audition/callbacks this week along with a dentist appt and a hair cut appt and is on hold for Coke right now- Rainey and I are going to Disneyland tomorrow evening for the Trick or Treat Halloween party with her friend Matthew and his mom- We joined them at Universal back in June for the day and had a great time so off to Disneyland it is - We got Rainey's costume last week at the Halloween for kids store in Burbank- really nice store dedicated only to kids and so we were able to pick out everything and are totally prepared for tomorrow- Just crossing my fingers she does not have a 5 pm ish audition or if she gets the Coke job that they do not want to do wardrobe tomorrow late afternoon but we will do what we can - they are doing the party from 6pm to 11 pm so ... then I am headed back up to Anchorage----give that baby bear some loves, clean out the cabin (our guests finally decided to move after they were served with a notice to quit) I thought 5 months of free rent was enough since it was only supposed to be 2- just normal Alaskan stuff- should be gone 5 or 6 days.

The first quarter ends on October14- 42 days into the school year- pretty sure we are on track but to make sure I have printed out some older state testing booklets for math and reading to see where we are at- also good to prepare for the testing in December so she is familiar with the types of questions - in Alaska 3rd grade is when they start the official testing- want to be prepared and ready-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home